• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are the dates set for the Bay Area Swap and Shine Showdown ?

jmon0261

You bet, all are welcome.

And if your welcome to join the caravan in May too.

You might also want to look at joining the CCA if you haven't done so. We are just newly chartered and I am creating a Vintage and Classic Special Interest Group. Two other planned items that we are working on is a corral at the Portland Historics in July and the resurrection of Pacific Fest in August or September.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

Sounds great. What time do you get together at the Ladd?

I most likeley can't make it until first week in feb as I recently got a second wind, (or a tenth wind for that matter) to get done with my ride. At least what I will call done for now. The list seams to grow faster than it gets completed.

by the way, where did you find the sunlight in your picture?

6:30.

At least we are getting more sun here than the folks south of us. Yikes.

Great, just email me if your planning to join and will keep an eye out for you.

Good luck on your project, look forward to seeing it.

Best regards,

Anthony (aka Woody)

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

I likr the marin idea alot, of course I am partial to it, however taking a drive through west marin is some of the best times available. BBQ at the beach or whatever.

Hell, a caravan to infineon for a forced track day?

Marin roads are fantastiC!

and maybe some sort of drive could be planned for before or after?

a loop....civic center to point reyes to muir beach and back ?

wherever the event ends up being....hopefully a drive will be added.

see ya, jim h

I likr the marin idea alot, of course I am partial to it, however taking a drive through west marin is some of the best times available. BBQ at the beach or whatever.

Hell, a caravan to infineon for a forced track day?

Marin roads are fantastiC!

We are having a planning meeting for the Bay Area '02 Swap & Show nearly as wee speak. As soon as we nail down a location I will draw up an after show drive and maybe more..... But an '02 (Vintage/Classic BMW) track day/HPDE (High Performance Driving Event) will have to happen at another time. I am working with a few folks on that and something may happen later this year.

Marin would be nice but I am just hoping to be on a grassy knoll this year! :)

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Marin would be nice but I am just hoping to be on a grassy knoll this year! :)

how about something more that just a grassy knoll but somethig good for the entire family too.

PARADISE BEACH PARK

Located on Paradise Drive along the east shore of the Tiburon Peninsula, this 19 acre park offers family and group picnic sites, lawn areas, a horseshoe court, sandy beach and a fishing pier. Some boaters anchor out and row ashore to picnic. The lawn area can accommodate up to 300 people plus you can reserve additional sites as needed. You can inquire more about it here.:

http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/PK/ParkRes/Park.aspx?ParkId=10

or perhaps stafford Lake park

Situated on the shore of Stafford Lake, 3 miles west of Novato, this 139-acre park offers lake fishing, a nature trail, picnic areas with barbeque facilities for groups of up to 500 people, disc golf course, a popular children's playground, lawn areas, a softball field, volleyball courts, and horseshoe courts. From HWY 101, take San Marin Drive to Novato Boulevard, then go west past the Stafford Lake Dam. (Day use fee required)

Novato Blvd. / Hicks Valley Road - Novato. Address: 3549 Novato Blvd., Novato, CA 94947

or you can call to inquire for other possible sites below:

Marin Parks and Open Space - Contacts

3501 Civic Center Drive Room #260

San Rafael, CA 94903

Phone: (415) 499-6387

or I can call and ask myself if need be.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

• Alpina

How about Kelley park in san jose! The aircooled VW group has a show there every year!

http://www.historysanjose.org/event_planning/index.html

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

Bringing a shiny, concours garage queen is not what this gathering is about. Bring your enthusiasm and whatever car you've got. Beater, daily driver, perfect original, highly modified, whatever. This show is about comaraderie, learning, and fun.

The date will be settled soon. It will almost certainly be Saturday, May 15, 2010.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

We're looking for a show site in the central Bay Area. We'd like to have a grassy park rather than a paved parking lot. We appreciate the suggestions. If you have an idea and feel strongly about helping, check out the site as much as you can. In particular, find out if car shows are permitted there and if it is available on May 15, 2010. It should be large enough to accommodate about 150 cars and have restrooms. Email your info to Paul Gommel at pgommel@gmail.com Thanks!

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators