• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 for $3000 in Salinas, CA

WagonMonster

It's been for sale for months.../quote]

Actually, I think it might be over a year at this point... The guy's ad makes him sound kind of like a dick.

It touts phrases like "No offers", which makes me wonder - does he want NO offers, or is it a mis-type of "no offers refused"... Probably the former.

Also, the ad brags of "no troublesome sunroof." Nice way to re-frame an option the car DOESN'T have! But, to be fair, I suppose some people prefer non-sunroof cars...

Oh, and the "new interior" sports tan squarie seats in a saddle interior... Tricky to sell those kinds of mis-matches for more than 2k and the guy seems firm on his price. I'll give him that.

Cheers,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

This one was listed at $2850 about 6 months ago. Wonder why it's $3000 now?

If I remember correctly (unlikely), he purchased some trim (maybe grills) and raised the price accordingly... And that's just me trying to remember the differences between the ad copy.

I could totally be wrong. Perhaps it was after he bought those "new" seats ;-)

(realllllly hoping the seller isn't someone on this board, as I've now repeatedly insulted the guy... )

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)