• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash mats

craaaazzy

has anyone had any experience with the mats (carpet or velour) from the seller "brandnewauto" on ebay? i would rather get this versus the hard plastic covers. if so, please give your thoughts on them. thanks.

here's one of their current listings: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dash-Designs-DASH-COVER-MAT-74-76-BMW-2002_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5638492896QQitemZ370311506070QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_6835wt_1132

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project

I personally prefer the vinyl type, but I just dont like the look of carpet on my dash.

BTW, I got a sand blaster, so you have have some stuff you need blasted feel free to come by and blast it!

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

i have a black carpet-like dash cover on my dash. it came with one of my cars. i like it. i use it to keep the sun off my dash, especially if it's an uncracked dash. i've kept it from the last two cars i've passed along.

i suppose if i ever bought a new sofa, i might be one of those freaks who'd keep the cover on them. kinda like the stereotype of grama's house in the 50's.....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Like Jerry, I have one carpet type that came with the Beater (don't know if it's the Ebay one).

I don't really notice it anymore. It just kinda sits up there, and covers a multitude of cracks.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

My current 02 came with a carpet toupe'. I hated it, so I started to remove it. As soon as I saw what it was covering, I put it right back. Sure it's fuggly, but at least I'm not watching to see what middle earth creatures are gonna be crawling out from my dash. I swear, the cracks go down to the floorboards.

One advantage is anything with velcro will stick anywhere on it.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

How did u get those white gauges?

Here on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-1976-BMW-2002-white-face-gauges-73-76-68-76_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53dcfb9b5aQQitemZ360189762394QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

For $24 incl shipping, if you like them, you can't miss. Very easy to apply; instructions come with them. If you get some, remember to paint the gauge needles black or some colour that will show against the white background. I did my speedo and tach needles, but forgot about the gas & temp ones until I had everything back in car. I turned the power on and up jumped the white needles. I fixed it!

I think they look real good. I wouldn't put them in a show car, but they great in my Beater (IMHO).

Les

FAQ Member #17

thanks for the pics les. so it doesn't cover the shelf portion. oh well. requested pics from the seller but they were unable to do so.

thanks zac. i may hit you up some time in the future.

Yes, there's another section that covers the shelf. I just don't use it as there are no cracks there.

Les

FAQ Member #17