• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YOU DIRTY RAT!!

jgerock

I'm almost thinking about getting a couple of outdoor cats for that reason.

With what I spend on mice poison & moth balls & vanilla extract I think the kitties would pay off.

I hate those bastards. Is that a rat. I have never seen a rat. We have little field mice 2 1/2 inches long.

Edit: I just seen the tail. That is a rat isn't it? How big is it and how big do they get?

Kill em all...

Joel - I think it was about 8 inches long (body only - tail not included). Massively petrified, so it had been inside the trunk of this car for a while.

There were also some live mice inside the trunk when we first inspected the car last weekend. Yummy!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

EWWW! I hate those nasty bastards. I've got an elderly lady customer who purchased a Mini Cooper because she wanted something "youthful". She lives in the country (not all too far from me) and lets the car sit too much. A big rat like that nested up in her engine bay during the extended downtime and caused about $1K in damage.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

that little guy was one of the residents of my recent acquisition...now named the mouse house.

what is mouse house?

1985 Euro 320 sedan

m50 conversion

h&r springs

billy sports

e30 m3 interior

and a bunch of other upgrades.

it sat for 1.5+ years outside, dead. jim and i dragged it out of the driveway it was in and winched it into friends enclosed trailer. dumped it in my driveway yesterday. spent some time cleaning it today.

before

1985320i4-door005.jpg

1985320i4-door0011.jpg

after

DSCN3791.jpg

DSCN3797.jpg

DSCN3789.jpg

DSCN3787.jpg

DSCN3783.jpg

it does not run (or even turn over), yet.

just what i needed...another project!

more pics at

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/mblytle/85%20euro%20320/?start=0

2xM3

I'm almost thinking about getting a couple of outdoor cats for that reason.

With what I spend on mice poison & moth balls & vanilla extract I think the kitties would pay off.

I hate those bastards. Is that a rat. I have never seen a rat. We have little field mice 2 1/2 inches long.

Edit: I just seen the tail. That is a rat isn't it? How big is it and how big do they get?

Kill em all...

Don't ever come to India Joel. They have them everywhere here. Some of them are big enough, if you put a saddle on them you could ride away!

Why can't they clean this place up?

The apt I am in at the moment overlooks the "beach". It also has open drains alongside the road that everyone throws their trash into. At night it is crawling with rats. Ugh.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

like the ratatuille! the car is like the little chef's meals..a blend of many things.

found out who built it down in norfolk area 10 years ago. a pro who has done dozens of m/s50 conversions...and found out that a track friend of mine was the owner at the time. geez..small world.

2xM3

• 2 weeks later...

so in between storm preps today i thought, what the heck, i will make minimum effort to start ratatouille. dropped freshly charged battery in it, checked cleaned all the fuses and relays, checked coolant and oil, then stuck key in ignition and turned.......

s l o w l y turned over. tried again. turned over a little faster. tried again. fired and settled to normal idle! holy crap! the rat works! lots of belt squealing and pulley bearing noises (not unlike a bunch of PO'd mice), but it ran. alternator not working though.

funniest part was the wierd popping noise from the back of the car after it started. i opened the door and looked back. the snow bank behind the car was covered in a shotgun pattern of acorn shells and straw like stuff. i guess there had been another mouse nest in the muffler!

drove it out the driveway, turned around and reparked it the other way around to confuse the neighbors.

ok, must focus....time to get back to work on the interior of the 02. dang e30 distraction.

2xM3

Good for you and she shined up purty!

My daughter (23) apropos of nothing, suddenly blurted out yesterday, "Daddy I'm thinking of joining the Coast Guard."

Very proud of her anyway, prouder still if she decides to do it. Told her to find a recruiter in Danbury CT or White Plains NY.

(ex-Master myself)

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin