• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YOU DIRTY RAT!!

jgerock

a good question....it has been registered and run in virginia before. quick look underneath revealed it looks like it has a couple of bullet mufflers welded in place of where the cats should be. also looks like the diagnostic plug was deleted in the m50 conversion so i can't pull the codes out of the ecu. ran it a bunch yesterday and all the bearing noises went away and the alternator was working fine. i will probably do a full engine maint (comp and leakdown check, replace plugs, pull injectors/check, oil change, etc and haul it down to local gas station for a "practice" test to see where it is at. handy also having a race car with an m50 in it...lots of spare parts!

2xM3

hmmmm....just checked VA DMV website and found this;

Motor vehicles exempted from emissions inspections include:

"•Gasoline powered passenger or property carrying vehicles with a model year that is more than 25 years old before January 1 of the current calendar year.

EXAMPLE: Vehicles with a model year of 1984 are exempt from emissions on or after January 1, 2009; vehicles with a model year of 1985 will be exempt from emissions on or after January 1, 2010. "

Ratattouille is a 1985. looks like it is over 25 years old and is exempt from emissions! wish I, and the clerk, had realized that when i titled it. then i would already have plates for it. doh!

2xM3