• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mother-lode of '02s in Ontario, CA

02Les

i needed to see that. now i don't feel so bad. if my neighbor's give me grief for my meagre collection of 02's i can always say, relax, it could be worse.

i suppose this person is an example of a hobby gone wild....

maybe there's a lesson in this, but for the life of me i can't figure what that lesson might be...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I want the White one with the nice fender flares and recaros... But I have a 2002. Also I wonder how he's gonna get them out??

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Pretty pricey IMHO for cars that haven't been run in years. After you buy one, (1.7 to 4.5K) you'll have to dump a lot more money into it to get it running, not to mention paint and interior work since they've been baking in the CA sun for years. I could see these prices if the cars were running but they need everything. They all look like major project cars to me. The seller is dreaming to get these prices for cars that have to be hauled away on a trailer. At least there is no rust in Ontario CA (45 miles east of downtown LA) in San Bernardino county. This one will be interesting to watch, I think the prices will drop when no one is biting.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Just called Michael...

He will be getting alot more info and pics out there. I am trying to schedule a time this week to go take a look, however, he stated that if it rains, which we are supposed to get this week, he shuts down the yard.

He stated that he and his buddy have been purchasing these cars from all over and he has more BMW's to post soon, including more 2002's

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

There are 2 places like this up in Oroville. All the cars are marginal at best and the owners think that they are worth 5 times as much as they are worth.

Trying not to be negative, just my experience with guys that hoard.

Good luck- Great if a few could be liberated.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

There are 2 places like this up in Oroville. All the cars are marginal at best and the owners think that they are worth 5 times as much as they are worth.

Trying not to be negative, just my experience with guys that hoard.

Good luck- Great if a few could be liberated.

I agree totally with Joe, you can buy decent running 02's in California that need minimal work in the price range that the seller is asking for these cars.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

'73 Taiga tii w/sunroof=worthy resto project, but alas, it's not for sale and is missing its nose. What a "Bummer". Sorry, that was bad...

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

A few more interesting cars there, Ford Consul Capri, what seems to be a Sunbeam Alpine, Euro E30 Baur, Duster 340 (stripe job?), a few interesting VW's.

It would be a mother lode in a place other than CA.......

Well spotted. Ford Consul Capri was a good looking car (for the UK at least). There was also a 4 door version Ford Consul Classic. Neither of them lasted long; made for about 3 years and the more successful Cortina took over.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Pretty pricey IMHO for cars that haven't been run in years. After you buy one, (1.7 to 4.5K) you'll have to dump a lot more money into it to get it running, not to mention paint and interior work since they've been baking in the CA sun for years. I could see these prices if the cars were running but they need everything. They all look like major project cars to me. The seller is dreaming to get these prices for cars that have to be hauled away on a trailer. At least there is no rust in Ontario CA (45 miles east of downtown LA) in San Bernardino county. This one will be interesting to watch, I think the prices will drop when no one is biting.

G-Man

The ad says most are running... Sure they are, the look awfully neglected, might have run 10 years ago... No rust! come on, you don't really believe that do you?

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special