• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mojojoy or Pichos

jmon0261

I don't understand... even the pictures are the same as last time! I really hate Ebay!

I agree! I have nothing against people flipping cars but at least take the time to take new pictures and make sure they are good. Not this one, but i've seen plenty where they don't even take the time to clean or detail it, yet they ask top dollar.

Here's a great example of how to take time to get top dollar and show off how clean the car is

http://www.only02.com/1973-BMW-2002-Schwartz_df_36.html

• Alpina

Not sure! Might be the new owner trying to sell it! Car is still at Jan's house, that might explain the lack of new pictures! Jan will know better for sure!

Daniel

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

Interesting. I really like that car and made what I thought was a stong offer on it at one point (obviously not strong enough). I don't see it hitting 30k much less starting there in this economy, but that's just an opinion and everybody has one (I was just reminded of a pretty ordinary car hitting 24k at BJ, so could be I am wrong). Sure hope it ends up in a permanent home. It's a special 02.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

ibjettin,

Let's assume someone buys an item for $X, thinking that it's worth $Y (where Y > X), and attempts to resell it later. To the holder of the asset, a car may be no different than a share of stock. I don't clean, detail or otherwise improve a share of stock between buying and selling it, so I'm not sure why someone should be obliged to do so with a car. If I saw a 70's Alfa Spider for sale for $500, and I thought I could resell it exactly the way I bought it for $2000, why shouldn't I? In fact, given that washing a 70's Alfa would probably damage it, I'd be better off selling it in exactly the same condition and location as I bought it. I might take some new photos of the car, but if I conclude that the potential increase in the sale price of the car is less than my opportunity cost to take the photos, I should simply use the existing photos and description of the car (though I'd be sure to use grammatically correct sentences, more flowery descriptions, and gild the blue velvet bejeezus out of the lily.)

I do get your point that it's annoying that some folks are out there driving up the price of our beloved cars without actually using them for transportation or pleasure, but those same folks will hopefully drive up the price of our cars in the event we ever wanted to sell them. Not that we ever would, but if we did.

Additionally, if we don't like their game, we could always beat them at it by buying up the cars that are most likely to be flipped, detailing and photographing them, and reselling them at a profit so that we could buy up more cars that are likely to be flipped, ad nauseum. We'd probably end up with a sweet collection of spare parts, and we might even teach the flippers that there's no point in competing with ibjettin and williamggruff, which could decrease the demand and with it the price. We might get stuck holding a warehouse full of beautifully detailed classic BMWs that we can't sell for a profit, but that doesn't sound like it would be such a bad thing.

My $.02 (adjusted to market, of course.)

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

We will see. I couldn't care less if anyone speculates or not. I would just prefer to see the rarer ones in the hands of enthusiasts. But that's just me. In the end they are just commodities like everything else and will sell or not sell for what the market will bear. High dollar for 2002's serves us all as everyone sells everything eventually. My own guess is that the car will not get sold at that price point. It was unsucessfully for sale for a long time on and off ebay and many people who follow the upper end of these cars already know that. It's just an opinion and doesn't have much bearing on the outcome. As you know, the market for a particular item can be as easily defined as one or more willing and able buyers. We'll see if this car finds that buyer. On an another note, a friend of mine has an opinion that the people who love 2002's are getting older and over time will be less willing to pay higher prices. That would yield lower, not higher prices. Interesting concept. Anyway, good luck to the seller. Cool little ride to be sure.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Lets see now......$25K for the big bumper 76, and $40K for the touring, Sell them both for $60K package deal. Wow, and I thought I was broke. Now if only I can get the 76 started.

B-J auction $25K

81133_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Mine....not quite as nice

P1160398.jpg

E-bay $40K buy it now.

!BktKfYQCGk~$(KGrHqUH-DsEs+4UeJLqBLYn2s(hk!~~_3.JPG

Mine....no Alpina goodies, no sunroof, and only a 1802

ronal008.jpg

Nah....I guess I will keep them.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Cool little ride to be sure.

I can testify to that, I drove that car, and it is a sweet ride. The engine spins like a rotary engine, so balanced, so effortlessly, so linear. Something really special. It is very difficult to create a car like that - otherwise I would have driven more like it - and I have driven a lot of special 2002's. I really love that car. I don't think it has gotten the credit it deserves and that I don't understand. I do agree, the people that appreciate these cars are a dying breed (no pun), the new "collectors" won't even know how to drive a stick!

FAQ Member # 91

I love how well versed the new owner is on what he has... or doesn't even poses yet.

What makes this car very special is the addition of the ALPINA A4 single throttle body set-up that is now days well sought for

It is truly a stunning car in pictures and even better in person. I wish I was a Lotto winner so I could have a collection that would include this car.

I wish the owner good luck with the sale, especially in this economy.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20