• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mojojoy or Pichos

jmon0261

Hi,

Lots of FUD happening about this car and it's a shame because it's the real deal. Take a look - the car was written up in BMW Car September 2003 (page 29) while it was still in Europe.

This car was modified by Alpina itself - with the only catch being it happen in 2002/2003 and not "back in the day". You have to make your own judgement as to what that is worth. The car's original owner of 29 years sold it to a Ginna Facchini who had Alpina convert it to A4S specs at the Buchloe factory. This includes the A4 system, 300 deg cam, sway bar, bilsteins, etc. I believe Jan added the Close Ratio 5 spd and 3.64 LSD (if I am not mistaken it is the LSD I sold him before I moved from the Bay Area). The car is a monster and was tuned for 185bhp (if you believe the article of course)!

The best magazine quote is "How many other companies would have been able to reproduce a car they had made 30 years previously, to the exact same specifications, and using the exact same parts? It is remarkable, but this is a remarkable car." Page 30.

I have driven this car but unfortunately it was not long after Jan had imported it and it was in sorrow need of tuning. Michael D. worked his magic not long after and said it was "transformed and incredible". I can only imagine the outcome but it must have been special because I trust no one's judgement of 02s more than Mr. Dubois. I can't comment on the state of tune it is in now - BaT is correct, there are not many people able to tune them now although it's not as hard as people make them out to be, easier than a Tii IMO.

I cringe at the words like "tribute" when describing this car. A fun discussion to me is whether this car is worth more/less than the recently for sale Turkish A4S. I would have to see/drive the Turkish car, but I would probably say that the Turkish car is "worth" more on paper than the Inka Touring, but "worth" means different things to different people. Both are amazing and should be valued accordingly. I agree that I wish it would go into an enthusiasts hands vs. a collector but each to his own.

Like everything I write, this is my opinion and worth just about what you paid for it :-)

Jason

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

A great looking car, but I highly doubt in this economy it would sell for buy it now price of $49,900. Why would anyone pay that kind of money when you could buy a real Turbo car for that price and you know for a fact it is going to appreciate in value over time. Just my .02 cents