• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to get the tii back on the road !!

Maximillian

Its been some years since I have had time to drive the tii. Since we have been raising 3 children over past years, my weekends are taken up with lacrosse, soccer or whatever practice. But now my youngest, 6yr old son, has been prodding me with: Daddy, where is your 2002 ? When can we drive it ?

Last time I parked her, she was weeping coolant near one of the exhaust ports. So its time to pull the engine out. A couple of years ago one of my customers referred me to a great restoration shop: Horse Power Enterprises in Lancaster PA (near to the capital of classic cars in the USA: Hersey, PA) Great folks, amazing work, highly organized and very, very reasonable rates !!

http://www.horsepowerenterprisesllc.com/index.php

They just picked up my beloved 74 tii yesterday in a covered trailer from the storage rental space and they are going to pull the engine for a rebuild. I can only imagine what they are going to find. This should be fun for both my son and I. To chagrin of his sisters, my son finds a way to make everything have a motor sound.

Can't wait to driver her again !!

Max

Maximillian Importing Company

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

post-2766-13667620211482_thumb.jpg

post-2766-13667620212471_thumb.jpg

post-2766-1366762021355_thumb.jpg

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

classicbmwparts@gmail.com

Nice to see another Marylander getting back on the road! Thanks for the tip on Horsepower.

If you're ever looking for a great BMW cycle mechanic there's a small hobby shop in downtown Baltimore that does superb general and restoration work. The guy that runs it is a 30 yr BMW enthusiast with a fine collection of bikes and sidecars.

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

you do realize that all projects start with one simple goal, then before you know it you'll have a laundry list of items you want to tackle while you're at it.

save up your money and hide the expenses from your wife.

by the way, there's an outfit back in maryland that sells BMW bits-n-pieces, i used them when i restored my '74 back in the nineties. i can't recall their name but maybe they'll give you a good deal on parts....

was it Bimmer Parts Company, no, that's not it, but close, ...

it'll come to me

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I see in the one picture that your car is still sporting one horsepower. Hobbyhorsepower.

Have fun with your son, but who's to say the girls can't help wrench on the car as well?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I tried to get my two daughters involved, ages 8 & 10, but that will have nothing to do with it. I have taken them to car shows and such and its always: "Dad, are we done yet !!" Whereas my son's response is: "Oh Dad, did you see that BMW !! Lets go look at the engine !!" He has it in his mind that we are getting an M1 and teases his mother that our next car will be a red M1. He rides in the family Honda minivan and names model numbers of BMWs, Mercedes & Porsches as they pass by. His favorite car to wash is my E30 M3. All from a 6 year old !! Wonder where he gets it ?? LOL....

Max

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

classicbmwparts@gmail.com

About 30 some odd years ago I resemble both your sons (Max and CJ), just ask SteveJ. He's known me for a while. :)

Good luck with the Tii Max.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I hope that you and your son will take the time to work on as much of the car as possible together.

No matter what age, it brings you closer together.

The infamous YaleR car rebuild definitely was an enjoyable experience working with my dad on all of it.

Start a project blog and tell us whats going on...

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

It's always fun to run into CJ's son on the local drives. Max, it's great that your son is interested, and there is still time for your daughters to come around. I've met a few high school girls who think 02s are very cool.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

My son just started racing karts last summer, after years of being dragged to autocrosses and races. Here he is a couple of years ago, riding in the back of the pace car at the Watkins Glen Vintage Festival (laps of the old course, not the new course up on the hill). When he was four or so, he referred to all cars as BMWs. Thought there was only one kind. Can't imagine how that happened...

post-4672-13667620313562_thumb.jpg

-Karl

'73 '02 

HAHA

All this son talk got me thinking... Im the opposite of all the others listed above... I got MY DAD into 02's!

20071021_0390.jpg

After I bought and restored my tii, now he is always trying to make me let him go drive it (instead of his E36 m3) hahaha

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg