• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to determine a value for an '02

Nixon2002

I never understood these posts where someone asks for people's opinions on value and then they end up stating a price they already had in mind. Obviously the first reply was a joke, but the OP's reply wasn't.

With that said, I think the OP is in the right ballpark.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

I don't want to sound critical, but I'm not sure there are many that would pay $1400 for this car. Who would want it? It doesn't even look like it's a good parts car unless the engine is really good, but you didn't say anything more than it runs good. Many worn out engines run good.

One would have to dump A LOT of money into this car to make it somewhat decent.

Given it's overall condition, I would immediately suspect that the mechanicals are neglected also. If that's not the case, you should talk that up, because there's not much in these pictures to attract a buyer except the wheels.

I really understand where your wife is coming from on this!

Good luck!

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Thanks for the input. I only put the price that I had it listed for, but I really have no clue if it is even worth that. I know that without the wheels and couple other parts it wouldn't be worth much except as a beater. I thought that all together I may be close in my listing price or not haha?

$500 max - around here, and that is really pushing it. For a quick sale I am thinking like $100 bucks - I am not joking either... dead serious.

You have to remember that Michael has been given cars nicer than yours for free. Then again, he is such a nice guy that he deserves them...

I would think that between $500 and $1K depending on the condition of the mechanicals would be reasonable.

good luck

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Part it out. It's junk. I may be interested in the steering wheel.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI