• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Historic 2002ti Trans-Am cars.....

tjones02

Tom, great pics. Funny, I was rummaging through some of my mags, pics etc., over the weekend, my wife and I were at that event and I had taken a few pics of both of those cars (mine are crap compared to those), I had been planning to scan them and post them up but just hadn't been able to get to it. That is a great event to go to (Sonoma Motorsports Festival aka Wine Country Classic), lots of great cars, sadly very few BMW's seem to show up there (including these two cars the past few years), but then again there are very few BMW race cars in general that show at any of the events. There seem to be 3-4 CSL's that show up to the big events and other than that ... nada. Great pics, you can learn a lot by studying what you have there.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

• 5 years later...
On 2/7/2010 at 2:03 PM, Guest said:

Not having located my Hyde Park/ALPINA parts catalog yet(for comparison purposes),.......... Karl's TransAm Ti looks an awful lot like Hyde Park's car from "back in the day". Do you know if it is THE Hyde Park car or a "recreation/clone/ etc"? I seem to recall that once upon a time some SoCal BMW dealer claimed to be running the originals(although they were repainted in some sort of M'spt color combination(UGH!). Just wondering.................mac.

Its the Hyde Park 1600, here is its history (and yes it is with Brechts now for quite some time) the car probably has 300 races on it now! 
http://nebula.wsimg.com/78f1939405afee7fa50191e13eaf6e3b?AccessKeyId=B3639FE17FF8A62204A0&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Edited by dp
updated link
  • Like 1

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, dp said:

Its the Hyde Park 1600, here is its history (and yes it is with Brechts now for quite some time) the car probably has 300 races on it now!
http://media.motoporter.com/gallery/gallery_05/#p=1

thanks for the link, that was good

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver