• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ferrari owner's dream garage grinds neighbors' gears

f1reverb

Full story . . .

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-brentwood-garage5-2010feb05,0,4655518.story

"His pristine Ferrari 512 BBi "Boxer" sits in the middle of Holger Schubert's living room in Brentwood, right next to stylish furniture, a built-in bookcase and a flat-screen TV that slides on tracks past walls of glass that frame an ocean view.

But Los Angeles officials are about to slam shut forever the garage door that leads to the city's most extravagant parking space.

City planners have withdrawn permission for Schubert to use a bridge to connect his Ferrari's third-floor resting spot with North Tigertail Road.

The ruling by the West Los Angeles Area Planning Commission tosses a mechanic's wrench into Schubert's hopes of using the showpiece garage that last year won Architectural Digest magazine's Design Driven contest." . . .

52046616.jpg

Holger Schubert's Ferrari 512 BBi "Boxer" is parked in the living room of his Brentwood home. Last year the garage won Architectural Digest magazine's Design Driven contest. (Ricardo DeAratanha / Los Angeles Times)

Nice - hope he installed a CO sensor so he doesn't pass out from the fumes while watching The Speed Channel.

Kind of reminds me of the Ferris Bueller movie....

He installed a ramp under the car (seen in a few pictures) so that he can roll the car back onto the bridge, without starting the car. This guy knows his business!

And I think those neighbors need to mind their own business...

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

That's a nice room and I'm sure the Ferarri likes it OK but that's not a home.

He's recreated a dealers waiting room.

/jealous

/Had the same idea 30 years ago but for a prettier car, a nice CS in Polaris, still can't afford it

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

So the ramp helps him back out without starting it, but how does he get it in place without it running?

While it is kind of cool looking - I can think of better uses for the amount of money that cost.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

So the ramp helps him back out without starting it, but how does he get it in place without it running?

coasting?

ferris bueller ripoff imo, not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

back when i was in NY i always dreamed of a drive-in loft arrangement...

back in cali i had a customer who parked his 930 wide whale inside his industrial design business....