• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MK1 Duckbill on 02?

jmr_1602

Hello all,

I've probably looked at every airdam thread on this site, so Im almost certain that Im not killing any kittens.

Can any tell me if the green 02 in the attachment is running a MK1 VW duckbill spoiler?

For $55 this seems to be a cheap solution for an airdam, plus I've always liked the simplicity of duckbill spoilers. Has anyone done this? I think I'll give it a shot.

someone fitting one to a 510

http://buildthreads.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/project-datsun-1600-part-8/

link to duckbill spoiler

http://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk1dedusp.html

post-16813-13667620821893_thumb.jpg

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

hey guys,

i was too impatient to wait for jmr's review so i went ahead and got one and installed it. install was not an easy drill and screw in but wasn't too much work.

first thing i needed to do was trim the sides of the bottom most portion of the front. this was due to the shape of the ends of the duckbill. the overall length of the duckbill was a little shorter than the width of the front and towards the ends, curved in a bit. cut off about 2 inches.

duckbill1.jpg

drilled and mounted the spoiler:

duckbill2.jpg

duckbill3.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics. car is also on jacks right now. will hopefully have better pics within 2 weeks.

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project