• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Finished

tim2002

Well . . . I finally finished my 2002 project today. After 18 months of totally stripping and rebuilding this car I was finally able to slip behind the wheel and take it on a short drive through my neighborhood. What a feeling!!! What a relief!

A few specifics

9.5:1 CR Rebuilt Engine w/ 292 Cam

Lynx manifold and 45DCOE Weber

Crane Ignition

Aluminum Radiator w/ Electric Fan

Custom Tilton Brake Setup

3 Series Alternator

SS Header/Exhaust

5 speed conversion

3.91 LSD

New suspension w/HD Bilsteins, urethane bushings, sways & springs

15x7 ROTA Wheels w/ 195/50 Potenzas

Recaro Seats

Esty Carpet Set

Repaint in Deep Atlantic Blue Metallic - BMW color

This is a great site and I have found a lot of great info on this site that helped me with my project. What a great 2002 community!

Here's a few pictures . . . .

post-16008-13667620830771_thumb.jpg

post-16008-1366762083251_thumb.jpg

post-16008-13667620834294_thumb.jpg

post-16008-13667620835794_thumb.jpg

post-16008-13667620837633_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments and interest.

The car is a '75 that was originally Polaris w/ Blue interior. It had some typical floorboard rust but was in generally good shape.

I got the seats from Dave at Aardvarc Racing - he also covered my interior panels in the same material.

The front spoiler is fitted with ducts that feed to the front rotors. I covered the openings with SS mesh screen.

Again, thank you for the comments.

Tim - Love your car!!! I hope mine is "finished" soon too.

Question about the material Dave used to cover your seats. Is it vinyl and what color did you go with? I am going to send my Recaros to him to recover, but trying to decide which color to go with.

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

I went with a harness sold by EZ Wiring. I came across their stuff in a hot rod magazine. I did away with all of the stock relays and used the relays and flashers supplied with the kit. I used this same kit on my TR6 and it worked very well - but of course I was replacing all of the Lucas stuff so it could only be an improvement.

The kit is very well made and the wire and insulation is great to work with. All the circuits are labeled and it just takes a little time to work through all of the connections. There are other kits out there like Painless but the EZ Wiring harness is very compact and easy to mount and cheaper. I made a simple aluminum bracket to cover the old fuse box location and moved the new fuse box to just inside the fender - still easy to get to.

I'm sorry I don't have their address but if you Google them you can find them.