• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Finished

tim2002

I always wonder how people do stuff like this in 18 months! I found when I was a student, I had time but no money, now that I've been working full time, I have money but no time........

Curious about the wiring, did you just strip all the old wiring out and install the kit? Was it fairly straight forward as far as hooking everything up? Or did you have to make slight modifications etc?

I am most likely going to go that route for my Cortina project car, but I also have had an electrical parasite in my 2002 since i've owned it (10 years now) that has resulted in many battery replacements! If it is pretty easy and doesn't end up looking messy, I might consider ripping the old wiring out and using it!

Also, do you like that Lynx set-up? I've always wondered about it, but have never quite got up the guts to get rid of my DCOE's for a single.

Great car BTW!

-Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

I did rip out all of the old wiring but kept most of the connectors to the light switch, ignition, signals, wipers, etc. For to most part it is very straighforward. I've done a couple of these conversions and it takes some patience and planning. Once it is all planned it is just a matter of routing the wires to their locations and start making connections. Most of these wiring kits are color coded and labeled, making it easy to plan everything out.

The Lynx w/ 45 DCOE seems to run well, but it still needs a little tuning.

Completing this car in 18 months was a challenge. I have a very understanding wife that helped out with an extra set of hands when I needed them. Todd Fugate, who is a regular on this forum, and I had a friendly competition going to see who could their car finished first and that pushed me, along with Todd's help as well.