• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 2002 FSP: The engine is almost complete.

jr02518

The aftermath of my rollover took it's toll on a number of components, including the motor. I would like to thank John Edwards,

www.Engine-Machining.com , for his efforts in saving the head.

The cam cover and front timing cover took an obvious impact. The cam gear sheared, the distributor cap shattered and the distributor mount is cracked. The chain of events some how saved the motor. One valve made contact with a piston, and John was able to save the valve.

My faith in his work was earned this last Summer when he saved the eventual winner of the FASE competition by straightening a valve that was really bent.

The welding required on the head recreated the upper mounting point for the front cover. This one is one of the scars that will be a legacy to what can be saved when you work with people who can "fix" the disasters that can happen.

David Barrish

post-1173-13667620868897_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667620869847_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667620870644_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667620871433_thumb.jpg