• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update #1, 74 tii shell transformation

Gordon

Here's the latest update on progress of my 74 tii transformation.

The initial post on my 74 tii transformation

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,335695/

Update #1: I knew that the nose panel had been replaced at some time in the past since it has a snorkel but I have no complaints with the replacement job. As you can see by the pics, the side marker lights were removed and holes were filled in. I have a set of NOS Italian turn signal lights that I picked up at a swap meet in Germany in 2004 that I've been hanging onto for years. Come time to finally install them, I decided that the Italian clear/yellow lens look on Sahara doesn't go well so I decided to go with the yellow Euro turn signal lights. After much thought, Italian lenses look much better on darker color 02's IMHO but I'll hang on to them for now.

As you can see in the below pics, the rear bumpers and lights are on the shell. I'm still on the hunt for a rear Euro bumper center section with the license plate lights built into the bumper. I've got a lead on one so the rear bumper look will change in the near future. The bumper guards have got to go, I want a clean Euro bumper look, i.e. Keith Kreeger's tii.

More updates as work progresses.

G-Man

post-545-13667621056612_thumb.jpg

post-545-13667621057597_thumb.jpg

post-545-13667621058479_thumb.jpg

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner