• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

found a online BMW factory part supplier with great prices !

harry6422

why do you ask?

There are vendors here that contribute to this site with every sale. Also Max, Blunt along with IE and Double 02 , contribute product at the '02 gatherings. I'm sure Rob@2002 Haus, Esty and Anthony do the same.

Not to mention great resources like Carl@LaJolla.

These same suppliers are also the ones that put NLA or B/O parts on order so they can be produced again. One example is the euro rear license plate lights and the over rider delete caps for early non-rub strip bumpers.

Even though I have a wholesale account with a BMW parts dept and WorldPac, I still spend money with the supporters of this site and of our gatherings.

Cris

point well taken.But I think there is a distinction between procuring a straight up OE part as opposed to a specialty product from IE,Aardvark,Curt and others .. I also dont think it hurts to know where the current pricing levels are. In fact, sharpening their pencil may help your favorite parts vendor to expand market share.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I also dont think it hurts to know where the current pricing levels are. In fact, sharpening their pencil may help your favorite parts vendor to expand market share.

Prices change all the time with the exchange rate. Internal costs can be manipulated by BMW between Germany and USA. Germany will take news of a 2% decrease in the dollar and change the price at dealer level, but keep "internal" cost between Germany and USA the same.

Often times BMW dealers are the first to respond to price increases. Because of this, prices increase immediatly. If you have a specialty supplier like Max, Carl or Blunt, they keep products in stock. That inventory typically stays at the "old" price until they're replenished.

It's the whisky/rum deal. Mix the good with the bad and it's all the same. Dealer or independant parts dealer. The only diffrence is who's going to take care of the community by way of knowledge and service. Also, indies can shop OEM with companies like World Pac, IMC and SSF. They may not have all the parts that are available from BMW, but a parts savvy supplier will be able to buy OEM, not sacrifice quality and save the end user some coin over shopping at the dealer.

I'll keep my money with the supporters of this site and community. They've done well by me when I was selling.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I trade copper wire almost on a daily basis and understand the price volatility factor. It makes sense to stock up on “A” items when the price drops at a very low level.

But again, we’re talking straight up OE parts here and in my opinion, it boils down to the customers budget, Vendors customer service and product availability.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti