• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 for $8.8k few miles north of DC

THE1ST3

If he hadn't said "shock towers"...

There's a good question: Should I stay away from a car that has had it's shock towers replaced? How often are cars like this messed up elsewhere?

I sent the guy an email. If I can get pictures, I'll post them.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

I guess that I'm not an old sage, just old...but from what I have read/studied, there is nothing wrong with properly repaired towers. My thought here, is that any car that doesn't have the issue has USUALLY been better kept, or at least kept in a less hostile environment (from the Fe02 monster favorite friends...) than one that has had those issues. I've never seen an 02 with "just tower" isssues, and doubt that anyone has. It's just physics...er, rather chemistry...If they have ALL been addressed, that's great. It's just seldom the norm. It really sounds like a pretty good project. Good luck and we'd love to know what you learn. Bakail is a great color....Dave V. in NC

I am gonna be working up in Germantown next week; I will try and get by and see this one.

My 74 has properly repaired shock towers, but is otherwise consistent with Dave's explanation of chemistry.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

I am gonna be working up in Germantown next week; I will try and get by and see this one.

My 74 has properly repaired shock towers, but is otherwise consistent with Dave's explanation of chemistry.

I'm going to see it on Sunday. I'll report my findings.

Cuttie, are you really interested in buying this car? I'm looking to replace my car and this one looks like a contender.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Guest Anonymous

Clay: No way can I buy anymore cars! I was gonna ck it out for any interested parties. I am "trump tight" in Volvo wagons...again. FWIW, my 74 became my DD as of yesterday. Getting paint estimates now and enjoying the ride.

Sorry for goping OT in my own thread...hardy har har...

I inspected this car today. Nice paint and he's got a lot of nice, new parts (trim, Euro turn signals, etc), but I'm not sure he'll sell it for anywhere close to his asking price.

I also have concerns with the VIN. Email me off the board if anyone wants to know more from me.

See more here:

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o143/clayweiland/1973%20Baikal/

ClayW