• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what's it worth?

mikehmb

I hate the idea of this, but marital strife may force the sale of my little precious - '74 Malaga tii. I had originally purchased this for her, but I quickly realized her driving habits were not well suited to this car. Or, conversely, that her driving habits would mutilate the car. I've taken away her set of keys. :-)

After tons of work by PO and myself, it's in a state of near perfection. And I'm not kidding.

Crated motor (which is going in for a tune next week), stripped bare and painted to original malaga (which is flawless, cept for a chip in the nose), completely replaced interior with leather seats/panels and german carpet (center console isn't mounted yet), new trim, new headliner, new wheels/tires (have stock), new radiator, cold air intake (have stock airbox), lowered springs (have stock), battery relocated to trunk, 5-sp E20 trans. The only thing left is to obtain is the chrome raingutter trim. There are a few bits I'm still obsessing over, but those will be together shortly.

I'm not convinced that it's going to be for sale, as I'm hoping that we'll conclude that the market is too soft and we need to hang on to it "until the market improves" ... which I will argue to her will be never. Perhaps I can make (completely false) threats of divorce, or at least misery for her.

I can't post any pics at the moment, because I'm on an airplane and the images are on my home PC. But seriously - what do the good people of the Forum think?

I just went through the buying experience and I've got to tell you, I've seen these cars range from $3-$4K all the way up to $12-15K. The prices are really scattered. My suggestion is to look through the forum, eBay and other places to get a good baseline on what you think you can get for it. I mean a base '74 Inka just went for $24K at Barrett-Jackson and a month before that, I saw a red '73Tii go for 4K. Crazy.