• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Times!

gsr977

Past 100 it gets very loud and scary. The only time I've done it, I was thinking: if I get in an accident doing 100+ in a 2002 my wife will kill me!... 90 is ok, 100 is ok, but pass that, is pure madness, insanity, stupidity. Yes, 125, and I have never even taken my Cayman that fast, and not planning on it either. I guess it is in your bucket list, you have to do it at least once.

FAQ Member # 91

Me and my best friend were heading into Seattle and hit what we think was 105 in my 100% stock car at the time. Were not sure exactly how fast we were going because my speedo is off...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Past 100 it gets very loud and scary. The only time I've done it, I was thinking: if I get in an accident doing 100+ in a 2002 my wife will kill me!... 90 is ok, 100 is ok, but pass that, is pure madness, insanity, stupidity. Yes, 125, and I have never even taken my Cayman that fast, and not planning on it either. I guess it is in your bucket list, you have to do it at least once.

Ah man, if I had a Cayman..140+ regularly..Desert highways though. Those are such beautiful cars, congrats on ownership.

1976 2002, 1991 318is, 1971 R75/5.

I win.

For now at least.

215km02.JPG

(And yes it's running hot which has been fixed, it's not in mph, it's a 5-speed with a 4.11 and it's more like 205 on a gps)

Funny thing is, when you get over 190ish, the door windows get sucked open a bit.

It's loud as hell at those speeds anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

1975 1602

M42 turbo swap in progress

if I get in an accident doing 100+ in a 2002 my wife will kill me!

...she wouldn't have to...

Saw 110 racing a spriget under the convention center on the express lanes.

Sounded great. The snow tires weren't happy about it, though.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL