• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California, here I come....

JackF

Well, soon anyway. I've sold my buisness. My transition contract is up mid summer '11 and then off to Nevada City, CA. The girls live in CA and they aren't coming back. They can run but they can't hide. I miss'em, so I'm going to chase them.

All I have to do is sell my MIL's house in Ithaca NY, get our house ready and sold and work my ass off for a successful transition. Piece of cake. Oh, and get rid of probably 80% of my possessions. Going to be a hell of a garage sale.

Nevada City is my wife's old stomping grounds. She still stomps there from time to time.

The Amgen Tour of California is starting at NC this year in May. They have been running the FathersDay race for the last 20 years or so. The town turns into a zoo that day. MiniMania relocated up there a few years ago. They run a Mini (new and old) fest every year. I think it may be the same weekend of the Amgen. THAT could be interesting.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Wow small world I am originally from Auburn, California. I spent the better part of 25 years hanging out in Auburn, Colfax, NC, Grass Valley and Truckee/Tahoe.

I miss driving up Forest Hill road or across the american river to Cool, Ca. So many amazing roads to drive! I hope you get to enjoy them. When I am done with school in Minnesota the plan is to move back to Cali, but who knows where an Automotive Engineering degree will put me.

Good Luck with the move! Go have a drink at the 160 club in Auburn for me. I would suggest a restaurant but there are about 50 in the area that I enjoy.

Check out Syndicate Tattoo in Auburn on the corner of Dry Creek Road and Highway 49, Jessie Fuller, John Day and Brady Albert are amazing artists and Jessie is a total car buff hes more into VWs but a sweet ride is a sweet ride.

74' 2002 - 4221783 (PNW Runner)

71' 2002 - 2570759 (Barn Find Beauty)

70' 2002 - 1672384 (Bondo Bomb)

70' 1600 - 1572075 (Current Project)

Ha!

Now you need a Bonanza to park at the local airport so you can really chase em around!

John

I was thinking of either an RV 9 or maybe a lite sport RV12, but I'd be happy with a Skyhawk SP. I have been a student pilot for so long and cannot stay with it long enough to finish. I'll probably wait until I'm out there and finish. Did you turn your BO?

Unfortunately, I cannot make the mid-May Nevada City event as I'm at the VofV that weekend. The right problem to have, eh?