• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 m20 02 resto-mod

2002guy

hey everyone.... i dont post here much but i do read alot....well i started to restore my 2002 about 1 year ago....it was only suppposed to be getting ride of the rust and painting it....but those ideas changed...since i started i sent the car to a body shop....it sat there for about 6 months in the rain and snow without being touched....after all that happened i brought the car back to my shop and decided to do all the work in house...i hired a body guy that does only custom work and bikes....he has about 300 hours in the car to the stage that its at right now....it has gruppe 2 flares that have been made wider 2 inches in the back and 1 inch in the front....the wheels are epsilon 15x9 with 205/55/15 in the front and 225/50/15 in the rear...i made the rear stress bar and the roll cage in nearing completion....i am currently working on the volvo caliper big break kit with dual calipers in the front....i have made up a set of rear coilovers and i will be installing the 320 drums in the rear....pretty much everything else that i have planned and will being doing is in the pics....i will keep eveyone updated as the work progreses....

http://s830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/2002guy/

comments are more than welcome

Ok so yea I'm a newbie with the flares... are they glass or steel? I like the look with the extension. You say 2 inches how was that added? I am also curious about the side skirts... is it just thin wall round stock welded along the bottom and inner door? I have looked for a kit but and searched on the board but nothing. Also what kind of wheels are those? 3 Piece?

Chris

Annapolis

Why such wide wheels for those size tires? You'd typically see 7" for 205 tires and 8" for 225. Is the stretch for cosmetics or am I missing something?

I agree with what you're saying, but I also get the look he is going for. I'm not part of the culture, but can only recommend you study a lot of photos of cars from our European friends. They really value the right stance and widest wheels by sacrificing proper tire width so that they barely wrap up under the fender. It's not practical from a performance standpoint, but it looks pretty good IMO. However, I think the front could drop another 1.5 inches and rear maybe .5 inches. Maybe the weight of the completed car will help.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot