• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yeehaaaa!

Vic

Hi all, well I have finally had some time to jiggery poke around with my new '02, 'Roxy'.

Purchased last week from a guy in Sydney, who kept it sheltered for 5 years, as did the previous owner. No major rust, little minor rust. Mechanically sound, a BMW replacement motor sometime in its life. Regular servicing. Great fuel consumption, No smoke, no rattlles or scary noises.

Owner left it to mechanics to fix whatever was needed each service, new hoses, radiator, master cylinder, blah blah.

Funny thing is, all those little non mechanical things were largely ignored. Loose console, worn carpet, sunroof winder holder, poor tail light luminosity, front bumper crooked, etc.

Yes it has had a shunt or two in the past, but mostly straight, paint a bit rough up close.

Most of the stuff I can do myself, and with the wisdom and assistance from fabulous forum members, I'm sure it will be a interesting and challenging future ahead.

First thing done is a new battery. I had the knack of starting it cold, but wifey had trouble.

Bought a battery, and had a closer look at the clamp on the old one. Some (not) clever person melted rubber from rod to battery to atempt to keep it in place!

A bit more jiggery poking and the result is pleasing. Wife is happy too, now that it starts easier when cold.

Hope you like the pics. Cheers.

DSCN2059.jpg

DSCN2060.jpg

DSCN2062.jpg

DSCN2063.jpg

DSCN2064.jpg

DSCN2065.jpg

DSCN2067.jpg

DSCN2068.jpg

DSCN2058.jpg

Verrrrrry nice!!

Looks like your next purchase should be a new ground strap.. That'll make it start even easier!

Have fun with all the little projects. Looks like a great score!

Cheers,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

Thanks for thatScott and Adam. Yes, with the new battery, I had to stretch the ground strap to its limit to reach. And the one attached to the motor was hovering dangerously close to a starter terminal, and it was chafing over the pos cable!

Good advice, I was going to leave it for a bit, but will put that to the top of the list.

Cheers

Welcome!

Theres a large group of us in Melbourne.

Shoot me off an email and I'll get you onto the 02 Register list where we do some drives / 02 chat, etc.

cmorriso@bigpond.net.au

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I just found some photos to verify and I don't think it's the same car. Here's a good thread from within the last year showing photos of Karl.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,322321/highlight,karl/

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Geesh - different wheels, no fogs, no sunroof, tint, and appears to have a slightly nicer paint. I was way off. I just saw you were from Sydney and assumed it was Karl.

Just hoping it falls into good hands.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot