• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale '72 TII in New york area CL is a SCAM!!!

moshulupkwy

Just called on this craiglist ad.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/1620925464.html

This seemed too good to be true! I called over the weekend and after leaving a few voicemails finally got throught to Louis. he said the phones have been ringing off the hook, but he did NOT post a car for sale!

He claims that he did have a 2002 tii that he had sold a while back. He said he got a call from "Virginia area" asking him if he could send another title for this car. He did not know the person who was calling so he just told him that he was not involved with the car anymore.

Louis does not have acess to a computer (that is a bit hard to believe in itself!) and he did not see the ad. He suspects that this Virginia gentlemen has set up the ad.

So....I said I would post the information here to you experts and see what help I could get for him.

Specifically How to remove a craigslist ad if you did not post it!

Any thoughts on this guys!

Mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Ummm...just curious...how is this a scam? The ad says call only, dont email..has the guys numbers....its really him when he answers. So it sounds like the ad was reposted from the original. Not a scam. It would be a scam if it had someone elses numbers who was claiming to be Louis. Whoever posted it for him originally probably reposted it accidentally...you can remove it by flagging it and CL will remove it.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Maybe the car was sold and the paperwork had this guys phone numbers. The person in Virginia calls that number to speak to Louis (original owner) and gets pissed when the guy does not help him out.

So he posts the ad, lists the guys numbers and then says "Do Not Email" knowing there will be many calls to get the skinny on the car!

Do a google search on the home numbers and who comes up! Louis!

......sounds logical to me!

mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Yup...probably something like that. Flagged it...it should go away.

Maybe the car was sold and the paperwork had this guys phone numbers. The person in Virginia calls that number to speak to Louis (original owner) and gets pissed when the guy does not help him out.

So he posts the ad, lists the guys numbers and then says "Do Not Email" knowing there will be many calls to get the skinny on the car!

Do a google search on the home numbers and who comes up! Louis!

......sounds logical to me!

mpkwy

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com