• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting excited about True Friends in April.................

m-racer

We had a nice event this weekend in Florida (even with wet weather). I got to wind out the M2 in the rain which was kind of exciting. I must say, it whetted my appetite for the first big 02 event of the season. MikeNC and I have traded emails about it today and I am excited like a little kid waiting for Xmas. I am heading to Atlanta from Tampa on the 21st, on to Memphis on the 22nd (eating BBQ, visiting STAX records, and drinking beer at BB King's club) and then on to Eureka Springs on Friday the 23rd. Heading to Va. with the NC group on the 25th. If anyone is heading to the event in my travel path, let me know and I will meet you along the way. Can't wait!

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Stax Records......those were the days.

Don't forget Sam Philips Sun Records also.

I'm still on target to be in Eureka. It's been 5 or 6 yrs since I last made the event.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I've got True Friends spring fever BAD. It's gonna be a great time!
Me too Chris. This will actually be my first time in an 02. I headed out four years ago and lost my clutch along the way. Tried again last year but the engine was still out of my car so I had to drive the M3, which was fun but not as much fun as having an 02 there. Then I had to leave early for work and also had an ear infection and felt like I had been through the ringer, so last year was mostly driving to and from the event (enjoyed the trip with the Pugh crew, regardless of the rest). This year, knock on wood, I'll be there with my M2. The brake issues are resolved and it is running great. WooHoo

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

I am still waiting on my engine overhaul to be completed. I am hoping that it's ready by then and that I can manage to drive down there. Looks like there was a Dieter clone last year on your TF drive.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz