• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USF1 Shuts down operations and other F1 ramblings

scestes

I was really hoping to see the US involved in Formula 1 this year, but I guess it was not meant to be. Pretty sad in my opinion.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81819

Anyone have any predictions this year? There sure is a lot going on. Schumacher is back, but not with Ferrari. Alonso is at Ferrari, but with a teammate who has shown they've not gotten along in the past. Will Massa be able to slip back into competitive form? New Teams promise new drama. Branson decides he'd much rather have his own team, rather than continue sponsoring a team with a proven reliable producer in the sport in a man named Brawn. Lotus is back, Toyota is gone ( because they've proven they can't produce an accelerator pedal for a common production car ), BMW is gone because they've claimed innovation is being pushed out of the sport in favor of leveling the playing field, and for what are probably obvious financial reasons. Mercedes has a factory car on the grid, which brings us all the way back to that guy Schumacher. What are his chances of taking the championship his first year back. Oh, and btw, didn't he sign a new 3 year contract as a consultant with Ferrari before the Italian GP last year?

I'm looking forward to the season opener, though I will be out on a group drive the morning of qualifying. So many changes obviously help to shake up the chances that anyone could come out to a quick lead in the drivers and manufacturers championships. I just hope to see some damned good racing this year.

Poor Peter Windsor....

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

I agree with you, sad to see that USF1 just couldn't make it happen. I particularly feel for Peter Windsor who seems like such a nice guy and has a genuine passion for the sport, not just some reach egomaniac who is looking for a place to spend some money and have a few laughs.

As for predictions, I'm saying Ferrari. They essentially packed-up their development of the '09 car pretty early in the season (ala Honda/Brawn in '08) so they've got a ton of time invested in the 2010. That, plus they appear to have been fast in the testing sessions. And last but certainly not least, they now have Alonso. While I don't know if I like him particularly, he's certainly the most exciting driver on the grid, and arguably the best too.

Should be a fun season.

If they took F1 back to The Glen all their problems would be solved...well except for the fact that everyone would have to sleep on the ground as there are no hotels. But I can say that, having slept on the ground a lot at the Glen, it is hospitable dirt!

Great times there with F1!