• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 1975 for sale,

nerazzurrri

the winning bidder was a person that i dont know, he flaked and didnt come up with the cash, the feedback on the account is not from me, hence the name nutriGIRL67, I am not a girl, secondly, the poor feedback is from my mother not using ebay correctly. how am i asking too much? the car is in good condition except for the door, i see 2002 rust buckets go for 2k and people buy them, why not a perfectly good running car with a rebuilt engine? am i missing something?

So, if I am reading this correctly, and I think I am, nutriGIRL67 is your mother? Then that means that rev8691 COULD be you. The whole thing is just fishy.

Here is a direct quote from your listing. "...it has an M10 engine that was rebuilt at some point im just not sure when, the car has about 20k on the rebuilt engine...." This sounds like hearsay or you are not sure. You state that it is rebuilt, then state you are not sure when, then you state the mileage on the rebuilt engine. Which is it? Do you know for sure? Do you have reciepts to prove it?

This car has been listed on this forum, as well as other forums, and craigslist for around a month. In a sluggish economy, you have to take what you can get or just keep it, if you think you have a gem.

To me, the only thing that may be worth keeping on the car is the recaro's, which desperately need reupholstering, and possibly the engine. $700 tops.

Sometimes the truth hurts

I will agree with you on one point, and that is I too have seen rust buckets go for over $2k, usually roundies or Tii's.

you read it correctly, and rev whatever isnt my account, hence me using my mothers since i dont even have an account since i dont want to deal with ebay let alone paypal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

because thats how fast it can go on 4 speeds? if i cant get the asking price for the car then I'll just sell my e30 and do the m44 swap, since everyone is good for flaming, can anyone help me out doing the swap?

Why would you do a M44 swap if you have a rebuilt M10? Not trying to flame, I just don't understand the reasoning...

I do have to agree with the others, the whole Ebay thing seems really fishy. What the heck is a "feeler" on Ebay anyway? You either auction it to sell or not... If the high bidder backs out you could send a Second Chance Offer to the next highest bidder. Simple...

its also funny how theres someone asking 2k for a BARE SHELL of metal and thats not so ridiculous but me asking 3.5k for a car in good running condition and upgrades here and there and also being repainted is too much :??

It doesn't look like it is selling either.

Maybe he should also put it on ebay as a "feeler" ?

Get over it, move on with your life, do your engine swap,etc.

Most importantly, move forward.

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

Guys,

beware of nerazzurrri...

stories are all over the place. He had posted a rebuilt motor on here awhile back and spoke with him he had nothing to back it up. Kinda like well I think it was but not sure kinda thing. Everything about this guy smells funny...either he has absolutely no idea of his car or 2 he is trying to pass it off to someone and pull a fast one.

I'd stay away.

BUYER BEWARE

REPOMAN, you can spot em a mile away. good looking out.

Guys,

beware of nerazzurrri...

stories are all over the place. He had posted a rebuilt motor on here awhile back and spoke with him he had nothing to back it up. Kinda like well I think it was but not sure kinda thing. Everything about this guy smells funny...either he has absolutely no idea of his car or 2 he is trying to pass it off to someone and pull a fast one.

I'd stay away.

BUYER BEWARE

REPOMAN, you can spot em a mile away. good looking out.

i am not trying to pull a fast one on noone dude, why do you keep bashing my threads? have you seen the car yourself? have you driven it? NO. If someone was interested they can come inspect it, bring a mechanic, whatever but dont call me out and call me funny, I bought the car from a lady that told me she had the engine rebuilt but since she moved so many times the paperwork got lost, IS THAT OKAY FOR YOU? DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS? god you people are ridiculous

Not flaming or don't want to flame but you have to look at it as we see it.

We are on the outside looking at a 02 for sale. Something we all share in common whether we are newbie’s or veterans. We see & read about this vehicle that you were so excited about getting & picking the brains of the folks on here with true enthusiasm.

Six weeks later it is plastered on every forum with for sale $3550.00 firm obo.

No description no pics. The web tore you a new one and you started posting pics and hyping it up. They gave you an honest opinion of it’s value from what they could see from the pics posted. You didn’t like that & argued or told them to hit the road. If they weren’t buying then move on and quit posting trash.

Some of your comments were pretty stupid in my opinion for a seller to be posting on the web. An example might be your replies to questions on Fleabay. I don’t even know why you made them visible. You discredit yourself in the process.

Q: COULD I BUY THIS CAR FOR $500 NOW

A: ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?

Q: can i buy it for 600$

A: ARE YOU ANOTHER RETARD? NOT TAKING ANY LESS THAN $3.5k

Q: Can I buy this for $625 now?

A: stop asking me for buy it now offers low balling me, this is the last one i will answer

You have to admit your recent Fleabay abortion did not boost your credibility & failed drastically. I even find it hard to believe the description listed.

Early days of Fleabay it was harder to spot bid shilling. Now it sticks out like a sore thumb. Someone had to pay the fees involved with the purchase. (seller,final,Etc.)

I hope you are still friends with them. You may have to boost your selling price to cover such fees.

Might be wise just to keep it or relist it on craigslist or local papers. Maybe own up and start out here (FAQ) with a new introduction and sincerity to the hobby. You do know when you sell it we will meet the new owner & the “rest of the story”…

Ps. Yes you do see some rust buckets go for outrageous money.

Those are different vehicles than what you have. Sorry. You are not that lucky.

$226,521 Fleabay. Thought he could get $1,200 out of it.

Before you jump to any conclusions, this is not a case of "phantom bidders" or a 12 year old having fun with their parent's eBay account. This is real, and this is no ordinary Pontiac Tempest.

The auction started with a 1963 Pontiac LeMans Tempest with "a little" rust and some dents, missing it's motor and transmission but keeping it's original interior. The bidding started at $500 and after one week, received a winning bid of $226,521.

The story goes, that the original owner had died and the car was obtained by the seller (I don't know how he obtained it). The seller did suspect the car had a history of racing, judging from it's plexiglass windows, unusual suspension setup and a dash plate bearing the name of a racetrack. What the seller didn't know was that the car he was selling for $500 was in fact a super-rare 1963 Pontiac LeMans Tempest Super Duty Coupe. One of only six ever produced!

Speculation is that this was the Tempest Super Duty driven by Stan Antlocer, which was the fastest drag car in 1963 before it disappeared.

Apparently, the seller was shocked by how much attention his auction was getting, along with how high the price was rising. It's reported he turned down an offer of $160,000 which paid off in the end, seeing the winning bid was nearly $65,000 more.

What a great story. This keeps us car fans dreaming of that great barn find that may be sitting around the corner, or even in your own garage.

think about what? most if not all of those cars are asking at least 2k and theyre not much better than my car, i also have engine, tranny etc included for a swap with only 80k.

"Doors look ok but have some rust in them. I just got a pair of replacement doors, same dark green colour. Also a minimum surface rust in rear quarter between window (see pic) and trunk lid. Clear coat is peeling. The interior is in pretty good condition overall, dash does have a few cracks, the seats are in very good shape and so is the carpets. Trunk is carpeted. Aluminum 320is wheels. Engine runs good, car has not been driven for several years"

most of those cars are rusty, i think im asking a reasonable price. im also entertaining offers. I need to sell this car right now.

I guess one more scenario that may be hurting the sale of this besides the price:

You get the car. Six weeks later you have to have it gone for no less than $3,550. (not a dime less)

Two more weeks you take the BBS rims off it and drop the price $250.

Another week later you are desperately seeking a trade for rims, Mac books or whatever.

Couple more weeks you try a failed attempt to pawn it off for maximum profit by bid shilling your Fleabay auction. (don’t know for sure but would think you may have known the tranny was going at that time (only a hunch)).

One week later the tranny is shot and you up the price to $3,750. and throw parts to boot.

As of this date you have been plastered all over the forums and arguing with anyone that disagrees what the value of your car is worth.

One thing that is consistent, in all your posts you say you need to sell this car right now.

I bet you do need it gone. That thing has been a thorn in your side since the day you bought it.

I did read where you said you were 19 so your still green at the game but you should be aware that it is the world wide web your dealing with.

Folks from all over the world. Folks you have no inkling what type of background they come from. It might not be like some neighbor kid that you screw and work it out down the road with payments & a handshake. You really should think about what your trying to do.

I’ll get off my soapbox now but this is what people see when they see your car and read the forums about your car. I think it may be too late to sell it on the forums. Maybe a high school kid in your town or local newspaper would work best.

Just my opinion from the outside looking in.

I guess one more scenario that may be hurting the sale of this besides the price:

You get the car. Six weeks later you have to have it gone for no less than $3,550. (not a dime less)

Two more weeks you take the BBS rims off it and drop the price $250.

Another week later you are desperately seeking a trade for rims, Mac books or whatever.

Couple more weeks you try a failed attempt to pawn it off for maximum profit by bid shilling your Fleabay auction. (don’t know for sure but would think you may have known the tranny was going at that time (only a hunch)).

One week later the tranny is shot and you up the price to $3,750. and throw parts to boot.

As of this date you have been plastered all over the forums and arguing with anyone that disagrees what the value of your car is worth.

One thing that is consistent, in all your posts you say you need to sell this car right now.

I bet you do need it gone. That thing has been a thorn in your side since the day you bought it.

I did read where you said you were 19 so your still green at the game but you should be aware that it is the world wide web your dealing with.

Folks from all over the world. Folks you have no inkling what type of background they come from. It might not be like some neighbor kid that you screw and work it out down the road with payments & a handshake. You really should think about what your trying to do.

I’ll get off my soapbox now but this is what people see when they see your car and read the forums about your car. I think it may be too late to sell it on the forums. Maybe a high school kid in your town or local newspaper would work best.

Just my opinion from the outside looking in.

i took the rims off because i want to keep them, i brought the price down $250 even though if i listed them here i'd get maybe $100 shipped for them so in that point what are you whining about?

i honestly had no idea the tranny would lock, hence me even wanting to do a swap but i have no money at the moment so that didnt matter to me whether it was going to stay working or not because i had the motor and tranny etc lined up. once i knew that this was going to cost me not any less than $1800 to be optimisstic i weighed out my options and decided that i cant do it and i need to pass this on to whoever wants to do the swap. I also asked on other forums if anyone wanted to help me do the swap but as of now nobody has come forward, on another hand the car has not been a thorn for me because i had daily driven it for about 2-3 months with no problems, i just wanted more power hence me wanting to do the swap and get the parts x2. As you said "i'm still green" and yes i am, i went into this too prematurely because i didnt want a run of the mill honda civic but i went about doing it without enough information. I am now cutting my losses big time and i want to pass this project on to someone that wants this thing on the road. I also need to sell it because i need a car TODAY that i can drive whether it be down the block or cross country. with all that said i am entertaining offers, and also trades. so if you are interested and want to do the whole forum a favor come down to my house and ill gladly show you the car and everything it comes with so you get off your soap box and people can understand that im not passing on a shady car or whatever.

You have an answer for everything.

Except for the fact you say a deadbeat bidder on Fleabay did not pay.

Doah, I coulda sold it to the next highest bidder for $50 less..

Double Doah, I forgot the next highest was one of my shill bidders also.

By the looks of the bidders you had 5 real bidders maybe six but that looks suspicious. The real bids came to $1,501 shoulda took it.

Then the rest were shillers. If the sixth was a real bidder you definately should have took that but you were in your words "not taking a dime less" and Damn whatda know it came to the exact figure in the end.

Yep, your green alright.

Good luck with the sale.

I'm sure we will be seeing the new owner real quick.

You have an answer for everything.

Except for the fact you say a deadbeat bidder on Fleabay did not pay.

Doah, I coulda sold it to the next highest bidder for $50 less..

Double Doah, I forgot the next highest was one of my shill bidders also.

By the looks of the bidders you had 5 real bidders maybe six but that looks suspicious. The real bids came to $1,501 shoulda took it.

Then the rest were shillers. If the sixth was a real bidder you definately should have took that but you were in your words "not taking a dime less" and Damn whatda know it came to the exact figure in the end.

Yep, your green alright.

Good luck with the sale.

I'm sure we will be seeing the new owner real quick.

i sent the guy a second chance offer and he has not taken it as of now, is that okay with you? by the looks of it since when are you an ebay expert? i dont know a single person that bid on the car so its automatically not shill bidding, why doesnt anyone complain about people asking 2k for rust buckets and cars that have been stripped and look like crap? my car is decent for what it is and if you dont like how much im asking for it then i guess thats too bad? i posted this for people interested now in a project, if someone wants to make me an offer i'm all ears, the only thing im guilty of is having bad luck. i already posted this several times but let me give all of you a little bit of info.

I bought the car in lake forest from a lady that had the car since she was 16, i am only the second owner, she had the engine rebuilt but since she moved she lost the paperwork in the move which i was also getting flamed for. I was daily driving the car for a while, i just need something else that has a little more power as i said. the engine starts every time in the cold, engine idles excellent and it runs great. if anyone is interested come by and take a look. have a nice day