• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Ideas and Pics

dma

Can't stand the look of my trunk. Stock square tail. Please enlighten me with some good ideas. I know I can do some new floorboards and clean it up with paint, but looking for something more. BTW, I'm way too old for bling.

Well, you can get paint now in a rattle can that pretty much matches the original grey/white spatter effect, that looks great on the inside of trunks, have seen many done that way.

For the floorboards, might as well stick with the originals, just take them out, and cut out a matching pattern in low weave indoor/outdoor carpet, preferrably grey to cover the floor of the trunk. Nothing to it!

Picture below of the carpet. Stereo components optional ;-)

BD

IMG_1794.jpg

Oh and one more thing, I saw somebody's trunk once who had side boards which matched the floor boards, looked to be factory, but haven't seen very many of them, very cool. And keeps stuff that may fly around your trunk during spirited driving from impacting the outer fender leaving marks, like say a chainsaw, don't ask...

BD

Grey and white spatter paint that matches the original? Seriously?

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

The P.O. painted my trunk interior black. Bad idea. The darkness makes it hard to find things, even with medium-grey carpet. Also, every little scratch in the paint shows.

+1 on the trunk side boards.

Curt Ingraham

1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

Improved 2002 Radiators

Yup, available anywhere, think it's Duplicolor. BCapp has the specifics on it, and I can round them up if needed, just shoot me an e-mail!

Although I"m not sure it's original, since mine appears to have been painted to match the car. At any rate, it's a top notch finish, really comes out nicely for very small $$$

BD

I like the neat and clean approach. I made new floor panels and painted them with light gray floor and deck epoxy paint. I also did the side panels with the same. Since these photos, I've stripped the paint and will respray the original body-colored areas. The carpet mat is a stock piece I picked up from Delia. Anything and everything that can be cleaned, painted or polished adds to a nice look IMHO.

PIN007.jpg

PIN006.jpg

PIN005.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Correct, hence my second post. I really do like the grey/white speckle finish better than the original paint however. I think I"ll be doing mine if I have an occasion when the trunk is empty.

Wish somebody would post a picture of how it turns out, I know there are a number of cars around here that have this finish...

BD

I have carpet on the side boards of my trunk and on the main boards too.. I like the way it looks. I am in the middle of engineering some side board lights, ill post pics later. With everything being black, it means the trunk is alot darker...

What do you think?!

IMG_1179.jpg

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Here is the trunk in my 73 '02. I repainted the filler tube and side panels in their original colors. I have an Esty trunk carpet in grey to match the vinyl floor boards that lie underneath.

Otis' trunk is worth seeing... it has a booming system and a unique stripper pole girl (look in the upper right portion). See this link -- third one down from the top: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,325582/highlight,pole+trunk/

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Thanks for the pics everyone. Did you guys make your own side boards?

I've seen Otis' set up in the past. My 17 y/o son immediately decided that 02s were cool after seeing it.

The grey sideboard panels didn't come on models 74-76.

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst