• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2x E21 Turbines

roadhog0

So I currently have 2 turbines and need 2 more... I am going to redo them and clean em up nicely. So if anyone in the Seattle area has 2 for free or cheap, I'm on a high schoolers budget so I'm very short on cash, I would be interested. Tires off is preferred but if they have bad tires I can remove them. Gonna get a set of Sumi's to put on 'em once I'm done redoing them!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Do you have a Pick-N-Pull or other salvage yard near you? If so, you can have two more very cheap. My local pick and pull sells them for $15 each. I'm guessing you will find similar pricing in Seattle.

Couple of tips:

1. When you see an e21 with turbines look in the trunk first. Two of my 5 were found in the spare tire well in pristine condition--had never been put on the car--brand new.

2. Watch out for e21s that have nose damage, wheels may look good, but possibly warped.

3. Don't wear baggy pants, the lug nuts in your pockets will weigh down your pants....

4. Take a lug wrench. If you forget, you can sometimes borrow one, but don't count on it.

5. Salvage yards will also make you pay for the tire if it looks usable. This really irritates me since I have no intention of putting four different tires on my car, they don't care. You will have to pay for the tire IF IT IS in usable condition.

Ignore numbers 3 and 5 if your conscious dictates. Oh, take some extra tools and pick up a set of recaros for $70 or sell them on this list for $400, perhaps more depending on condition.

Good luck.

I wish we had a Pick-n-Pull in the area. The closest one is 200+ miles of the mountain.

-Nathan

I may go this Saturday depending on if I get paid or not... Thanks for the heads up!

And it would be girlfriend :P

-Nathan

So I called them today, They want 35 a piece for them in OK shape. This sound like a fair price to you guys or should I haggle with them?

-Nathan

I think thats what I'm gonna do. I'll probably go up this weekend if I finally get payed...

-Nathan