• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Bavaria project car in TX, $800

Gordon

Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

http://victoriatx.craigslist.org/cto/1625924783.html 72 Bav, sahara with tobacco interior, sunroof, automatic. Seller says it's an original TX car, then it should be rust free. It's calling for an auto to manual conversion. The autotragic has got to go. Show up with a trailer and make an offer. I'm glad cars like this are far away from me. Otherwise they have a tendency to follow me home.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

This 71 in SD might have potential.

Gordon - I do not feel like that is the original color.

What say you ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160410532271&viewitem=

I say it is the original color (Rivera is my guess). Take a look at the pic of the gas tank in the trunk and you can see the original color of the car that's hidden from view under the floor of the trunk. Since the seller didn't open the hood and take any pics there, we don't have access to the original color sticker. The problem with early cars is the the odometer only has 5 digits so unless you have proof that the mileage is actually 5 digits, assume it's rolled over. There is no mention of back maintenance receipts in the description of the car. Why no license plates on the car? I would ask for the license plate # from the seller and run that by the DMV to see if any back fees. This Bavaria has some rust issues, cars don't rust in San Diego unless you live within a block of the beach. I'm wondering if the car wasn't brought into CA from elsewhere. Sure this Bavaria has potential but any car has potential depending on deep your pockets are. This Bav needs paint and a good paint job will set you back a few K so budget in the cost of a paint job on top of your winning bid.

G-Man

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner