• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need new, inexpensive (please) heater valve for 76 2002

Ian76

I need a new heater valve, but have found out they are extremely expensive. I've contacted a couple people on EBAY. I found a used one for $129. BLUNT has also given me the best price so far. It's still a little expensive right now for me, although a very good price from what I've seen advertised. I'll probably buy from BLUNT, but was hoping for some advice from the 2002 Gods.

I was told that its not a matter of IF the heater valve goes, it's WHEN. With that said I'm leaning towards a brand new one from BLUNT or a used one for cheaper. I'm not even sure if the one I have currently is original or it has been replaced in it's 33 year life. I think I've already answered my question....get a new one from BLUNT. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ian

New...yes. Inexpensive...yes. New and inexpensive, not likely. Bought mine about two years ago (when things first started to go crazy with some OEM BMW parts), from 2002haus. Pretty sure that they felt sorry for me, and that it was a one time deal. They are super folks. Day in, day out, you cant beat Blunt. That is his wife's job...He supplied the vast majority of the new parts that are on my car. You might get lucky on ebay. I might get taller, also. Best of luck, Dave V. in NC

I've seen people use PVC shut-offs before... No clue if that would work well or not.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

There's an eBay seller that rebuilds heater valves. He replaces the original plastic mounting bracket with a metal one. I can't vouch for the quality of the rebuild or the metal bracket, as I haven't installed the one I bought from him yet, nor have I given it 20+ years of abuse to see how it compares with the original.

The seller's email is woodchipworks@hotmail.com.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I need a new heater valve, but have found out they are extremely expensive. I've contacted a couple people on EBAY. I found a used one for $129. BLUNT has also given me the best price so far. It's still a little expensive right now for me, although a very good price from what I've seen advertised. I'll probably buy from BLUNT, but was hoping for some advice from the 2002 Gods.

I was told that its not a matter of IF the heater valve goes, it's WHEN. With that said I'm leaning towards a brand new one from BLUNT or a used one for cheaper. I'm not even sure if the one I have currently is original or it has been replaced in it's 33 year life. I think I've already answered my question....get a new one from BLUNT. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ian

I have one new original valve bigger version. Email fi you are interested, won't be cheap but won't kill you either.

Rebuild the stupid thing first!!! If it doesnt turn out right then buy a new one. Seriously there is nothing to these things. NOTHING!!! One rubber O-ring. Find the right O-ring and clean it up with a scotch bright pad and stick it back in... Thats it. I did it on mine and it works just fine. A little stiffer than it was original im sure but still very functional. Dont brake the plastic piece that holds it though. Piece of cake. Or rebuild yours and buy a new one and sell the old one as rebuilt. Good luck!

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!