• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 2002 FSP: Painting completed.

jr02518

I would like to thank Reagan and his staff for the work that they have done on the car. This project has morphed into a very nice reflection of what can happen when you work with talented craftsman.

The next step in the process falls to me, pulling together the parts collected over the years. I think you will find that the "tribute" to some of the special cars of old can be great inspiration.

I can not wait to get the car into an event.

David Barrish

Special thanks to the staff of:

www.worldclass1600.com

post-1173-13667622104971_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667622106043_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667622106929_thumb.jpg

post-1173-13667622107876_thumb.jpg

hard for me to see...is that a blk and grn 2 tone?..just beautiful.

Personaly i think the inka/colorado and blk is overdone.......but i understand the history of it. hey....mine was born inka so itll stay.

But your colors....and white/blue's just rock.......I can even see a soft antique white and malaga......

dont get me started.

What wheels and tires?..and seats?...lets see those period parts!

Looks really straight, how much body massage did you have to give your new BABY?

I just got a 75 and it is that light metallic red and I think this "old guy"(61)will be doing a daily driver out of it.

I want to build a 2002 racer that is spot on and really handles.

Regan, the owner of the shop responsible for the body work and paint called the starting point a "taco".

Bent "up" in the front, both frame rails, with a wrinkled left rear quarter panel and a roof with a few waves.

Based on how it has ended up I would agree with him that these cars can be fixed, you just need to find the shop that has the skills to get it done. The rust repair he completed on a series of 3.0 CS's was enlightening.

The body was block sanded three times. Every time I work on putting it back together I am reminded that I going to leave some sort of blemish sooner or later. With it sitting on the lift I'm hopping to leave that first " o shit" down low.

The funny thing is I'm going to auto-cross the car and it will be coming into contact with large plastic cones, but until then .....

David Barrish

www.worldclass1600.com

It is really low.

Maybe too low. I added 4 inches to the barrel. I wanted to to have room in the trunk for three 15X7's with 225/50/15's.

I can live with one tire in the back seat on the drive home from an event, but more that that on a 100 degree day in Southern California is something I am hoping to avoid.

David Barrish

David,

Beautiful car. It really looks like you're doing it right. I'm brining mine to Regan on 3/25. I stripped it down to an empty bare metal shell. Can't wait.

Keep the picts coming of the components install.

Regards.

Mike

73 tii #2764014

Mike,

Good luck on your build. Is yours round or square? What color?

Be prepared, your level of detail is going to be moving up. I'm glad I will be racing mine, other wise I would be powder coating everything that bolts back on the car.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Square (see the four holes), British Racing Green (see post above).

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70