• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think of this $5k 2002?

flipper

For three weeks I waited for the seller to send me pix. Finally he lets the snow all melt and this is what he sends me. Real thorough, dude!

Anyway, he's asking 5k.

69k miles on it! Automatic. Manual sunroof hard to open and close. No a/c. He bought it four years ago with 64k on the odo. Heat comes on but it's not powerful; "may need blower," he says. Always garaged.

And that's about all the info I got out of him the first go round.

I'd rather have a manual but auto would be alright, too, especially with my girlfriend.

What do you think? Move on? Press for more info?

What price would you pay for a car like this?

Thanks!

post-17900-13667622176634_thumb.jpg

post-17900-13667622177128_thumb.jpg

post-17900-13667622177596_thumb.jpg

post-17900-13667622177967_thumb.jpg

If it was always garaged, why did the seller need to wait for the snow to melt to get pics of it? How does it measure up against the FAQ buyer's checklist? You need to see it and drive it to know if it's worth 5k. 500 would be a different matter.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

that's the same thing i was thinking when reading the post. I SERIOUSLY doubt that is original miles, unless he has written proof on it (documents on it from day one or at least early 80's).

for 5k i would shop it out in the south and west. you can get a lot of car for 5k from texas, az, cali, etc, and more than enough followers on the board who'd lend someone a hand on a purchase. perfect example, my 02 is from texas and i live in Pittsburgh!

finally you might want to see if you can have 'the hack mechanic' take a look at it for your. he even might have one for sale!

my 02 cents. good luck!!

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0