• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

transforming a 2002 into a E36???

rot62

I started a project tread on another bmw forum, but I thought it may be of some interest here.

Basically I have been trans planting all the running gear, engine, front and rear sub frames out of a 1998 318ti into my 1971 2002.

For some reason the pictures don't show up until about page 4 or 5 if you are not logged on to the site

Here's the link

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=27929

Over here the parts are getting a in hard to find. At the start I wanted to change the diff so I thought changing the rear subframe to a later model would give me more diff ratio options, plus disc brakes. Kill two birds with one stone. But then I thought the 2002 front's not much better- steering box and crappy brakes. So since I had brought a complete E36, I would install the front as well to get over the brake and steering box problems I had. From there it seems to be getting out of control.

I'm very interested. I could not see you pics though. I'm working on the same transplant. I have a crashed 318ti, 1998 I'm using as donor for my 1970 2002. Can you post your pics here? I'll do same as soon as I start cuting and fabricating.

the perception of fitness

that is really cool! i was brain storming this idea yesterday on my way home from work. is there any way you could start a thread here or just post up the pictures. i really do not want to register just to see some pictures.

i am defiantly thing of doing this.

Cheers from the German!!!

newsig_zps3c66649e.jpg

• 1 month later...