• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A tough week

Frenchee

At first I wasn't sure if I should post on here about this tragic incident. My friend Tom Gallie that some of you might know has passed away. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was my business to post this on the forum but I think that a lot of people here could say that he had the same love that we all shared for 02's. He was an active poster and a handful of you might have seen his cheerful self at a meet or two. Since I think a major part of his heart was reserved for his 02 I thought maybe from where he is he could see this.

Tom, I seriously don't even know where to start man. Hopefully you can see this from where you are. I haven't known you as long as a lot of people you knew but I still consider you one of my best friends. Starting from when you tried out for Almaden in my book u were the chillest kid on the team even better than the gu...ys I knew for the past 5 seasons. I first saw that atlantic blue 02 of yours and I knew what car I wanted. You helped me out telling me I could do it, I could reach my goal and get one. I got one man because of you and you always stuck by me to help me out on it. You always told me it would be okay and helped me fix things.Thats what a true friend does, always helps the other one out. If I ever

get rid of those old blue plates we screwed up driving it up Steves

hill I'm getting custom ones with your name on it man. I hope your happy

where you are and your racing around in your fav car. I wish I could

have been there to talk to you but I ...never knew. I'm still glad we

became really good friends these past months and I will always miss you

man. Always will miss you. Its when people are gone you realize who your

true friends were. I love you as a friend, thanks for all the good

times we had .

PS: I also hope you have an unlimited supply of Maple Bars and Redbulls

where you are.

I wish to someday see you again.

Your friend

Francois

Sorry if you guys don't think this is related but I just wanted to make a post for him and for some of the people that knew him and wanted to express there sorries.

I'm only 17 and this is my first time dealing with something like this so if it offends someone I'm sorry.

Thanks

tombmw2002love.jpg

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am sorry for your loss but by the what you wrote it is obvious he will always be with you. What you wrote was wondeful and I am sure he is proud. You are only 17 but some day you will be that guy for someone else.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Man... I can't believe this. I just met him for the first time two weeks ago at the meet he started in Los Gatos. From the couple hours we talked I definitely would have wanted to hang out more. I say we hold the meet every third Saturday still, in his name.

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

• Alpina

I met Tom twice and he seemed like a very nice kid!

Francois, you lost a true friend and I am deeply sorry about your loss!

I remember him looking over that 1600 you wanted to buy from me And dreaming of having matching atlantik cars, he was willing to Help you out and take you along on the 02 world!

Daniel

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

My condolences to Tom's family and to his friends and all those he helped out in the 02 community.

This is a relatively small community and the loss of a member really really sucks...

My tii will see some action very soon in remembrance.

Frenchee, Hang in there man! Keep learning and enjoy your 02!!

KC

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

Condolences man...

Sounds like you should paint your car Atlantik and name it "Gallie"...

Oh, and you can get license plates restored!

Hopefully Monsieur Gallie is driving an 02 somewhere around the twisties in Heaven. Because we ALL know there are twisties and 02's in Heaven!! (otherwise it wouldn't be Heaven!)

Peace,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

Frenchee my thoughts are with you and Tom's family............hey you should still have the that car meet in LG since that was Tom's and your gig.

Julio

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Frenchee (Francois): Your post is appropriate & it is definitely not offensive. You lost a very good '02 friend & you are all of 17 yrs. old. That is Very hard to take, I am sure. Honor your fallen comrade by continuing your passion for '02's. I believe he'd be pleased. ( I lost a good friend when I was 17 & it was a horrible shock; very depressing too. )

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I have met Tom and purchased parts from him. I'm really sorry about the news. Take care and Keep your chin up.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I had met Tom on the Big Basin drive. I remember discussing his car with him while at the meeting point. I was really impressed with the work he had performed on his '02.

We've really lost a great '02 enthusiast.

Francois, I commend you for letting us in on how you felt about him. He truly sounded like a great friend and I'm glad I had an opportunity to meet him.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793