• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A tough week

Frenchee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, If you guys restore his car in his name, or do anything of the sort, I would like to help out keeping the spirit of an 02 member alive!

Yea, he was about to change the nose. The day before he passed away he cut if off a parts car we had gotten. HE was also going to get a 5 speed in. I talked to his parents with some friends and they said they wanted to complete the work he was going to do and go to bimmerfest and asked for me to help/tag along. I will let you know.

A friend of mine made some stickers. I'm gonna see if I can get my hand on some . They are a buck each . Gotta see if he has some.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Thank you, Francois, for sharing .

Jessie and I met Tom during the Bay Area 02 Drive on the Santa Cruz Mountains last June. During a portion of the drive, we were right behind Tom. He led our way through the twisties, and I remember wishing my driving was as good as his. He just glided his 02 smoothly and confidently through the curves.

At the end of the drive we all had lunch at Lupretta’s Deli in Saratoga. Tom shared the table with us. When I was 17, people over 30 seemed ancient and those over 40 like I am seemed like an anthropological rarity. Tom, however, was gracious and told us about his 02, his plans for it, school, life. We had a lovely time and it was obvious that his confidence and enthusiasm extended beyond the 02. It was just great to have the opportunity to chat with Tom.

When we walked out of the deli and drove back home to San Francisco, Jessie and had the usual smile on our faces that followed all Bay Area 02 events. Mostly, though, we were pleased to have met Tom, a remarkable individual. It is easy to sometimes lose faith in the world, with everything going on, and all the negative news one gets. But, as Jessie and I were driving Tip Top home thinking of our conversation with Tom, there was only one thing to say: “We are going to be alright.”

We are sorry about your loss, Francois. Friendship is a treasure that eludes many, so you are already fortunate, as was Tom to have you as his friend. We are indeed going to be alright, and Tom will be leading the way. The memory of him will make it so we have an even wider smile when we drive our 02s.

William and Jessie

L1100840.jpg

L1100858-1.jpg

L1100861.jpg

L1100866.jpg

L1100889.jpg

L1100896.jpg

L1100905.jpg

L1100958.jpg

L1100969.jpg

L1100973.jpg

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top