• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V@V People's Choice Awards

ScottNC

PEOPLE"S CHOICE AWARDS. You can only get a ballot for people's choice voting by registering for the event online. Your registration packet will contain one ballot, no ballots will be given for those registering at the gate. Link to registration on the website: www.vintageatthevineyards.com

The interesting twist to the awards is that you will be voting for your peers (2002 owners will vote for best 2002, 5er owners wil vote for best 5er, etc).

Should be fun,

Scott Sturdy - festmeister

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

Yes, 1600's , 1800's, and 2000's will be in the 2002 display area. Voting will be for all cars in that display area.

Same thing for e9's, the display area will be for 2500, CS, Si, and Bavaria.

I think instead of "People's Choice" I'm going to call it "Fan Favorite".

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

Scott, Cool idea. I was thinking of a more specific award. How about Favorite Polaris 75 with an S14 and peeling clearcoat? Ok, maybe not. How about loudest exhaust? You and I could compete heads up. Tim

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Interesting.

Several years back, I recall sitting at a table in the back of the Old Salem Inn. A young Scott Sturdy was at that table. One wife of an 02er, after a few glasses of wine, asked, "Who do you think was Best in Show?"

To which the Young, Spry Scott Sturdy replied, "That's NOT what this event is all about!" A response delivered with equal doses of utter disdain and total disgust over the mere suggestion of trophies or awards.

I also recall several subsequent discussions over the years with the same Fearless Leader, during which we would share our mutual disdain for trophy based awards shows. "I hate Q-tip awards shows," I would say. To which Scott Sturdy would reply, "That's why I run the event the way that it is - it's different, and I intend to keep it that way."

But nothing -- neither nostalgia nor origination of purpose -- should stand in the way of progress. From a free event (free of admission fees and trophies) to an awards event of international acclaim, things evolve.

Scott, my friend, you run a world-class show, for which your own efforts are worthy of the most gargantuan of trophies. But personally, I enjoyed (and long for) the spirit of the Renegade Sturdy - he of the bowling-ball sized testicles, and the "bah humbug," middle-finger-raising disdain for trophy-centric shows. There for the Grace of God was my Hero.

Of course, I certainly have benefited - the Cheater's Award (with fruitcake) and the Sham Wow Rags occupy a proud place in my trophy cabinet (which consists of only two things - the fruitcake and the rags). And so it is - the awards-based transmogrification of V@V takes further shape.

Just my personal views, of course. It's your event, and the vox populi may indeed cry out for trophies and awards. So let be it written, so let it be done. Yet, one minor request, if I may - would it be too much to ask to include Q-tips in the registration packet?