• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New F1 Season!

02fanatic

This should be an interesting F1 season....with Michael back, full fuel loads, tire wear, staggered tire setups, new designs, new teams (except for US F1).....slower new team cars on the track with the top teams. Peter Sauber "saved" the BMW team so his old employees would have a job...what a guy! I hope they do well this year, as BMW totally blew it IMO - they could have been competitive this year! I watched practice this morning...up at 6:00am here on the East Coast. Qualifying tomorrow morning at 6:00am....anyone else watching?

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

lots of new stuff, and several old guys. Stories abound and the season just started. I think several teams had cars that turned their first laps today, and several had one of their cars never make it out onto the track for either practice session. I'm anxious to see what the first race reveals about the pace of the teams, and the technology they've brought to the track.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

The longer wheelbase is not a plus for looks. The cars look way too long, and when a car looks wrong it is wrong.

Schumacher is competitive.

Tires are the key as Hamilton destroyed his hard-compound rear tires in four laps. Button's smooth driving, as predicted, will make him easy on the tires and in contention for a win.

Hell you got up early, but here in Kalifornia we had to stay up late.