• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost gas cap key

MikeD

Mike,

My gas cap key is a C9. Do you need the key blank info or the key profile?

The original key has HK on it. The copy of the key is a Curtis Key Company, Cleveland Ohio #H3.

If you need the profile I can look around Atlanta and see if I can find a blank and get one cut for you. Shoot me an e-mail off list.

--John

Per BMW, the old gas cap keys are NLA

For anyone else in this situation, the C9 key uses an ILCO 1125H-H5 blank. Not sure if this will work for other series but worth a check.

ILCO still makes ignition/door and trunk keys and can be found in their classic auto catalog. (Ignition options are BMW1 or HF18 / trunk are WT3 or 63Y) The challenge will be finding and old-school locksmith that carries the blanks.

For Atlanta drivers, I highly recommend Security Lock & Safe in Marietta. This is an old-school locksmith who spent the time testing blanks until we found the H5 fit. The Curtis H3 key I have and mentioned earlier appears to not exist and can't be cross-referenced.

John...thanks so much for finding the key for me .....I sent you an email.

You just got to love this board and all the folks on it.....

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777