• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just want to express my feelings and say

Frenchee

that paying for insurance SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.

Makes me think of all the cool things I coulda bought for the 02.

Had to let out my little vent here on the Off-Topic haha

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

And, even when you have a clean record, and have been with the same company for 20 years, you get treated like it was YOUR fault when the other guy ran into your parked car.

I gave up on loyalty to one agent and now just do what the public does and go for whoever has the best price. I get a nice company discount with my employer.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

So true Steve.

There is no loyalty with insurance companies. Loyalty on our part but these bastards will bone you the first chance they get. That would be the first claim you put in, whether you have been with them 20 or 30 years.

I don't know how it works in your state but in Michigan the major factor in determining your base rate for insurance is your credit rating. A good score and cheaper rates.

A bad score & bend over.

The only reason why I know this is our Senator was getting boned on insurance and found this to be true. He had such a bad credit rating that they were bending him over the coals. Now he is trying to pass legislation that prohibits insurance prices based off of credit ratings. Imagine that.

I called my agent and he told me that the people that pay their bills and have a good credit score are more likely to pay their insurance and more responsible. I told him he is full of shit as if you are late on paying your insurance you drop them and blackball them for other insurance companies. It’s all a scam.

This is the only way I could teach my know it all Daughter the basics. She was getting boned on the insurance rates. 19 and wanting a Camaro. I bought her a Saturn wagon and co-signed for a credit card and had her buy underwear & pay it off in the first payment. Keep buying underwear & paying it off repeatedly. Never carry a balance. Now she has good credit & pays less in insurance.

True she still pays more as a kid but less than most kids.

Follow my Dads advice. Shop around and find the cheapest even if you switch companies every 6 or 12 months.

Find the cheapest as long as your comparing apples to apples coverage wise. Soon they see that and fight to give you the best rate. If not walk on…

There is no loyalty with insurance companies on their part.

EDIT: They will tell you the magic age is 25. When you turn 25 your insurance will drop drastically. That’s the biggest farce I have heard since I was 25 & they told me my shit would drop…

I added my wife to my insurance policy. She was under 25 and a student. Both of us have clean driving records.

Our rate went DOWN by nearly $100/year. Seemed a bit curious, but I didn't argue. I'm agreeable like that.

The insurance folks are smoking rope. If they ever took a ride with my wife, they'd triple our rate and cancel our policy the moment we paid the bill.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

165 for six months... You are joking me :( I have liability only on my 1970 02 and pay 440$ with allstate for six months. I dont get good driver discount since I'm young but I get good grade discount which is 20% ish. IMa see if Geico is cheaper. Def wont be 145 but maybe save some bucks. Gotta ask my parents.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

I had Geico for many years (started out on my parent's policy) with only (1) minor accident. After I got married and bought a new car, they wanted way too much for coverage on the Honda, so I joined my wife's State Farm policy and it went down by a significant amount. We are still with State Farm (all vehicles and the house). Great local agency just up the street.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

165 for six months... You are joking me :( I have liability only on my 1970 02 and pay 440$ with allstate for six months. I dont get good driver discount since I'm young but I get good grade discount which is 20% ish. IMa see if Geico is cheaper. Def wont be 145 but maybe save some bucks. Gotta ask my parents.

im old... ;(

and have clean record... :D