• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS So Cal: 1975 BMW 2002 5 speed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've listed this before, but now I have put some elbow grease into it and replaced the differential as well as put the trim back on.

1975 bmw 2002 5 speed. Registered, no fees, title in hand. No smog needed.

Engine: 1.8L out of a 83 320i. Compression check just done: 1-170, 2-175, 3-175, 4-170. Engine runs strong, just tuned the carb(It will need a larger idle jet to run more smoothly at idle i think, but runs well as is). Electronic ignition out of a e30 318i. Weber 32/36, e30 alternator, e21 radiator, headers, petronix coil. Electric fan(needs fan switch, but I have it wired on all the time and have been running it like that, no problems)

Drivetrain/suspension: Rear half shaft boots rebuilt(all 4 packed with new grease and new boots), 5 speed, rear end replaced with good working unit. Rear bilsteins, not sure whats on the front. Cut stock springs.

Body: Not perfect, but decent. Some surface rust. Rust in rear tire well. Paint is nice but not perfect. Front windshield has a crack. I have a brand new lock strip for the front seal that I have not installed yet. Was going to use that when I got a new windshield. Shock towers are in good condition, no rust.

Interior: Needs some work. Older style dash gauge(quarter dollar ones). Speedometer needs new cable. Needs some speakers.

This is a nice daily driver or can be a nice track car. Would need a lot of work to be a totally restoration. Please ask any questions. Do not waste my time or yours. This is not a 5k or 10k show car. Car is offered at a fair price as compared to what the market has to offer. $2800 or best offer. Please don't make any offers if you have not looked at the car. thanks. fo0manchu at gmail com

DSCF5233.jpg

DSCF5213.jpg

DSCF5211.jpg

DSCF5221.jpg

DSCF5215.jpg

DSCF5223.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I'm just curious: how did the old-style dash end up on a '75? I thought those went out in '71.

IMO, the old dash is the best part of the '02's, certainly better than the fake wood affair in my '76.

Guest Anonymous

When I acquired a parts car, it came with an extra old style dash. I put it in because I liked how it looked over the wood better.

Nice looking 02! Great deal. I am almost glad you are so far away. It would bee way too tempting if you lived in FL. By the way, is the 510 wagon for sale?

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Guest Anonymous

still for sale. a lot of inquiries but nobody has yet to come down and look at the car or drive it. Or even call, just blank emails with no responses. =(