• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber cover for Tii starter valve : source

penth2o

I did want to add that I had seen a guy on Flea bay that was selling the E3 E9 rubber protection cap for the cable harness. These are also used on the Tii. They are the rubber cover that protects the starter valve electrical connection on the throttle body.

He sells them for the E3 E9 harness and it takes 8 of them. I contacted him and told him that the Tii uses 2 of them and would he consider listing two of them for the Tii.

Real pleasant gentleman he was to deal with. He put them up today. A set of two for the Tii for $9.99.

I should have looked at my car first before I ask this of him as I can only find it uses one of them on the starter valve. I thought I had seen another one while my head was in there somewhere but don’t see it now.

Anyway if it does only take one then I have a spare for when the prices skyrocket.

Also picked up the 6 retaining clips for the Tii air filter canister to bundle with the shipping.

Check him out.

Rubber cover

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002Tii-rubber-protection-caps-for-cable-harness_W0QQitemZ170460162401QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27b037a961

rubber.jpg

Air filter clips

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-Tii-N-O-S-clip-for-air-filter-housing_W0QQitemZ170456959483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27b006c9fb

tiiclips.jpg

FYI. I ordered those from BMW (still available), but you certainly got a good price.

Keep in mind you will have to remove the metal "cable sockets" with a tiny screw driver to get the rubber cover over them unless you cut the rubber end with a knife.

Or you can also buy the individual pins and plugs if you want to replace all of that. Its all available.

I replaced mine, but in retrospect I really needed to swap out the whole harness. Years of heat cycles really abuses this wiring. Ended up ordering the harness from BMW.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

Thanks for the installation tip Justin.

Do you happen to know if there is two used on the Tii. I had thought I'd seen two a week ago when I was under the hood but CRS.

Yes, I talked with Blunt and like the straight up honest guy he is, he told me to get them.

I jumped all over a 8-pack of those boots for the fuel injection on my E9.

He's also got these rubber boots for other sensors on a tii or csi.

Part #61131354696

post-3520-13667622760241_thumb.jpg

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Thanks. Nice find. That's a good price for those boots. I bought some from parts.com last year when I replaced the wiring harness with a new but boot-less one (the way they come from BMW). As I recall, the boots were about $9 a piece at a discount from parts.com. Some of these parts only show up when you include the European models in the search.

Good prices on some of the other parts too: The valve cover breather hose goes for $20-27, and he has them for $6.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-Tii-vent-hose-for-engine_W0QQitemZ170456959709QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item27b006cadd#ht_500wt_1182

William

L1010318-1.jpg

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

.....and the same boot is also available from any

BOSCH Electronic Fuel Injected car like SAAB-VOLVO-

MERCEDES-VW FROM THE LATE 1960'S TO EARLY 70'S

shop/look at those models for alternatives - the boot you show above

is the same boot for all the mentioned cars fuel injection nozzle

connection

2002tiiinjectionpartspart1.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I have been successful in stretching that boot over the plug that goes to the cold start valve, I use a pair of needle nose pliers stretch it as I slip it over the connection.

The other boot that is hard to find is the boot that fits over the connection to the temp sensor connection. Not many tiis have this.

Marc Caden found one for something on his 2002 and I order a couple for my tiis. I do not have the part number handy but I can get it if any one is that fastidious about their tiis.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Part #61131354696

Hi John,

Do you know where these other boots go on the Tii. I have not seen a boot like that under my hood.

Thanks.

Shipm8

I did look on Max & they are $11 plus change each.

EDIT:

Bill

" The other boot that is hard to find is the boot that fits over the connection to the temp sensor connection. Not many tiis have this.

Marc Caden found one for something on his 2002 and I order a couple for my tiis. I do not have the part number handy but I can get it if any one is that fastidious about their tiis."

I'm anal. Could I get one please Bill.

I checked & they don't show a boot for that. Is there a site that is like Max or Realom that shows the part regardlees if it is NLA or not?

Thank you.

Here is the boot that will work on the temp sender

IMG_6772.jpg

This is a spark plug boot I did have on there until Marc turned me onto the one above

IMG_6777.jpg

And the cold start boot

IMG_6776.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Part #61131354696

Hi John,

Do you know where these other boots go on the Tii. I have not seen a boot like that under my hood.

It's the boot for the tempurature sensor connections and thermal time switch on a 3.0 csi. Looks like the part that Bill listed #61131363318 is almost identical. If I would have known that part number, I would have ordered it from BLUNT for cheaper than I got mine for.

--John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I have been successful in stretching that boot over the plug that goes to the cold start valve, I use a pair of needle nose pliers stretch it as I slip it over the connection..

Thank you! Thank you! Bill.

I just used your method and it worked great. I wasn't looking forward to trying to remove the pins from the plugs. Cool

--John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Thanks Bill. Man your engine is spotless.

Is there a source for the boot Marc turned you on to.

we are going to get your eyes checked next time I see you joel

Yes Steve lets get em checked. I think the whacking part is making me go blind... As long as I keep working & on the move I'm alright.

This is what happens when you take a week off from work and stare at a monitor for a week straight.

I have screwed my whole schedule up. Sourcing parts at any hour of the night and going to bed a 4 am then back at it at 8 or 9. Eating whenever & sleeping whenever. You forget what day it is and they all start to blend in together.

Sorry guys. I'm tired.