• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Such a nice 2002

twinturbo

Glad you posted that. I have heard about the Schwartz model, but have never seen one. I thought the interiors were all red and that there was no factory ac on the euro models, but perhaps I am getting the Schwartz and the Lux mixed up. Beautiful car. Maybe someone will chime in that has more info on this special edition.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

beautiful car, no lux badge in the back though?

'Cuz it's not a Lux edition. It's one of the final "Special Edition" cars built toward the end of the 2002 model run.

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

After viewing the auction several times, the seller is stating several times that this car is original. I'm a bit confused as to why someone would strip a car down to bare metal and repaint, and replace all the trim, if the car only has that many miles on it. It appears to be well taken care of and most likely garaged it's whole life, based on the condition of the interior pics. I wonder what was wrong with the paint or maybe there were some rust issues starting to rear up......

I guess I'm hung up on the word, "original". I know you can restore a car to it's original specs, original color, etc, it's just that this car appears not to have needed anything. It should be showroom original. Is it just me or does knowing it has been repainted, with the documented miles, kind of take away a little sparkle?

Don't get me wrong, I would snatch this up in a heart beat if I had the cash! This car is BEAUTIFUL and I do not recall ever seeing another one for sale like this in the states. I wonder what it would go for if it was a tii (did BMW make a tii version of this....can someone scan the brochure?)

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

Hello 02 Brothers and Sisters,

thanks for the comments , I'm the owner- It's sure fun to expose this car to the world. It really is special. You gotta realize that I've been 02ing for a very long time and I finally found that special 2002. The belt line was dented in a few places and the paint could've been fine as is - but when it comes to 02's I wanted the best. And I've always wanted a car painted by Arven in Longmont. He does paint like I've never seen. It was a personal thing to repaint and get all new trim, roundels, etc - I wanted the perfect 2002 or at least close to it. If anything had even the slightest blemish it was replaced. The taillights and front blinkers were fine - I just wanted shiny new ones!

Sadly I don't know if I'll drive it as much as I should... that's basically why I'm selling - I 've reached the 2002 zenith and it's down hill from there.

The great orange book, 02 series, The Cult Car references this model on page 86, No tiis were made as they were stopped in 74.

As far as having a clock - I figure it was an elegance thing where a clock is more important than a tach, who knows how they did things there.

Anyone see in the ebay pictures the "spare parts" kit in the trunk? The driving lights weren't hooked up because I may change them, the ac hasn't been fixed because I want to retrofit it a sanden and get a ingram (sp) 3-core radiator. I also have a complete nos headlight washer system waiting to be installed (the one with the huge washer tank!). It's hard to think about changing things in this 2002.

So guys - it's an 02 sickness and maybe I'm having mid-life crises number 34 and it won't hit my reserve!

...the paint could've been fine as is - but when it comes to 02's I wanted the best. And I've always wanted a car painted by Arven in Longmont. He does paint like I've never seen. It was a personal thing to repaint ...

The great orange book, 02 series, The Cult Car references this model on page 86....

So guys - it's an 02 sickness and maybe I'm having mid-life crises number 34 and it won't hit my reserve!

I figured it could be a personal preference to have it repainted.

Thanks for the reference. I'm going to check my orange book tonight!

As far as a mid life crises goes, remember, that only lasts a few years. Selling the car, you will regret for the rest of your life! Don't do it!!

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's