• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Tii Mystery

JimH

Holy crap Zac... I bet that's the same view of your killer car that most people on the road see. Would you say your car stock-ish, modified, or highly modified ? :)

Cheers Big-Ears! :)

Jim Hinkley

Perfect IS good enough.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy crap Zac... I bet that's the same view of your killer car that most people on the road see. Would you say your car stock-ish, modified, or highly modified ? :)

LMAO!

It's "stock" [ he said while facing the palm of his hand to the ground, and tilting his hand from side to side] ;)

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Right...."Stock".... yeah, that's it... "Stock".... Gotcha.

Very cool color BTW. That thing means business.

Is that an original color? or just a great alternative choice you made on behalf of your weapon?

Cheers Big-Ears! :)

Jim Hinkley

Perfect IS good enough.

It is not a color that is original to 02's. It is a 2005 5-series color called titanium grey metallic, and it gets LOTS of compliments. The original color was sahara... and I wasnt looking to drive a grandpa car (no offense !) so I had to change it. lol

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Thanks again Tom.... I'll definitely spend some more time over at the Register.

Anyone else have any theories or thoughts for me? Were there any known problems with those early Tiis that the engineers in Munich had to address?

Yeah... but nothing that wasn't fixed in the first few months of production or under warranty. At the time my parents bought their Tii it happened to be the only running one on the west coast, and probably the first one sold in Northern California. As dad recalls there were a total of seven Tii's in the first batch shipped to the US... 4 on the east coast and 3 out west. The other two western cars were in the Los Angeles area.

The early maladies were basically miss adjustment of the fuel injection, of which the dealer technicians were not trained on yet, and the usual common to all '02s of the time... transmission syncro and output shaft issues. Other than that have not heard of any other issues with early Tii's.

Tom

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20