• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1981 Baur 320/6 (car is in Atlanta)- $3500 OBO

HarryPR

Yup, I'm selling my Baur :-(

Bought the car two years ago and have done the following to it:

New Brakes (new M/C, rebuilt calipers, new hoses and rear wheel cylinders, new pads and shoes)

Timing belt, water pump and thermostat

Brand new Redline Weber 38/38 conversion

New Yokohama 185/70-13 tires (wheels are the factory optional BMW Motorsport BBS 13 inchers, which are wider than normal 320is wheels)

The car has an E30 five speed, so the speedo isn't working. The engine is using some oil. If I kept it, I would do an M20B27 (ETA) short block conversion and turn it into a torquey little beast.

I haven't used the car since Fall last year, but my daughter exercises it every couple of weeks. I am no longer traveling to the area due to work, so I am selling it to put the funds to use on some other things (April 15 is coming up).

I am asking for $3500 or best offer. Any interested parties can email me at harry pr at gmail dot com and I can coordinate with my daughter so you can go see it and test-drive it.

017.jpg

007.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

And that's saying something, 'cause Harry is old!

Cheers,

Ray (far enough away to be almost safe enough to chide him)

Had the time of my life in it during the road trip with my wife to Vintage at the Vineyards last year.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Harry,

SOT: I saw your schwarz 02 in a magazine recently. I am certain this was discussed already, but wanted to chime in and say, "Kudos!" to you as well! Nice job!

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Thanks, guys!

The Baur is, in fact, a lot of fun to drive at 7/10ths and just cruise along. I regret to sell it, but have too much in my plate right now.

The '02's small blurb in Classic Motorsports came as a surprise. The editor emailed me one day asking for a pic and details, but I didn't think it would come out that quickly. I restored it almost 20 years ago, so at this stage it's more of a 10 footer, but it still looks fairly good in pics, if I may say so.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290