• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank question

Codfish

On the right is the 1968 2002 tank, on the left is a 1974 2002 tii tank... I see that the sending unit is different:

What mods am I in for by using the tii one ?

What else should I be concerned with, if I was to go with the tii one ?

As always THANX IN ADVANCE !!!

Wayne

riyiqh.jpg

Time is the ruler of all...

bevqkk.jpg

Thank you foe responding...

On the right is the one from the "68", Right is the tii. The older one has a feed tube on it. I think I am missing the vapor return box, my 68 never had one, it uses a vent tube from the back of the fill hose.

I am guessing here gentlemen so any advice will be appreciated...

The sending unit should be the same, the other thing you see is the fuel feed and fuel return.

Euro '02s did not have the vapour return tank up under the hat shelf. Like yours, it was routed from the filler tube down to the rear and out through a hole in the floor.

I assume you have measured the tank to make sure it will fit; looks like at least one of the fixing holes is in a different position.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Thank you for responding...

The holes on the left side of the tank line up correctly. The ones on the right will have to be cut...

I noticed that the rubber necks are also different

***gentlemen please correct me if I'm wrong***

I think I can cut the one for the 68 and install it on the tii tank... Does anyone see a problem ???

Peace and Thanx

Wayne

Euro '02s did not have the vapour return tank up under the hat shelf. Like yours, it was routed from the filler tube down to the rear and out through a hole in the floor.

I assume you have measured the tank to make sure it will fit; looks like at least one of the fixing holes is in a different position.

Check the tank depth at the tank level sender hole. There are different depth thaks. If you want to use the usable capacity of the tank, the correct sender would need to be used and draw fuel from the Tii pickup.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Will do...

Check the tank depth at the tank level sender hole. There are different depth thaks. If you want to use the usable capacity of the tank, the correct sender would need to be used and draw fuel from the Tii pickup.