• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG!!! Who is in SF that can check this car out

moshulupkwy

If this is legit......than this is the ONE! How do I go about getting one of the SF experts to check this out!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1660274814.html

mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

i'm sure everyone who saw that ad offered to buy it on the spot. i did too. no love though.

i'm sure to be successful in deals like that and stand above the fray you have to offer over and above the asking price. considerably over, i'd guess. there's a lot of pros out there who know a bargain when they see it and won't hesitate to 'seal the deal' with a bonus.

that happened to me 2 years ago when i lost out on a 72tii s/r, blue plates, alpina rims for $2K. lost it over $500, only to see it on eBay a week later sell for $4000

unfortunately, i'm neither a pro, nor flush with disposable income.... :-(

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

What was it? I missed the original post.

1973 BMW 2002 Tii Inka Sunroof 85k original miles - $3500 (san rafael)

Date: 2010-03-25, 12:23AM PDT

Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

My dad bought this BMW new from Bob Smith BMW when we lived in So Cal. It has been a California car all it's life with the original plates. Inka orange with near perfect black interior. No accidents except a softball dent on the front fender from a neighbor's son. It's 100% stock, everything complete. Includes all manuals, lots of records, original window sticker, all original keys. My dad parked the car about 10 years ago after he had major knee surgery and could no longer use a clutch. It hasn't been started at all in about 5 years. I live in LA but will be back this weekend to show or take pics of the car to post. It will probably need a complete tune-up. Possibly new tires, brakes, fluid flush, etc. It is mainly rust free. My dad wants his Tii to go to someone who will really appreciate it so he might quiz you on your knowledge & love of these cars, LOL. Email me with your contact # and questions and I'll forward them to him. thanks

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I knew after I posted that I had no chance to make a bid from 3000 miles away! I hope the 'kid' that posted realized that he was giving the car away.

Man if that was in my neck of the woods I would have been all over it..........

So the journey continues for the ONE!.............

-mpkwy

1966 VW Bug

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Just from personal experience - You have to know what you want. You have to be ready to buy. If you're just casually looking or you don't quite have the finances worked out in your head, someone else is gonna get it. The location shouldn't matter to you at all. An enthusiast seller helps a lot too. A quick phone call to get the quick and dirty, followed by a good email from them listing all the details and discrepencies, should seal the deal for you. You should not hold back your knowledge and love for these cars when talking to the seller. They are more likely to work with you and go out of their way to sell to you if you have a good personality and you're going to take good care of their car.

I've bought multiple cars out of state. The ones I want never seem to be local. You just gotta know what you want and be determined to get it and you'll be one of those lucky buyers more often than not.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Thanks for all the sound advice! BUT when an ad does not list a number you are at the mercy of the seller for a call back! That never came.

And as was noted that one must have sold as soon as the seller hit 'enter'.

I owned them before they were popular! I will own one again............with the help of this group!

Mpkwy

1966 VW Bug

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry