• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New front vs. old front

alexfl82

Hi,

I'm restoring my 02 and I'm thinking in change the front complete. I need the old front for my '72 tii but it costs around 700€ in W&N, and the '74 model costs around 250€.

My old alloy grille will fit OK in a modern post '73 front? If the problem are the support brackets I can cut from the old and weld in the new front.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards, Alex.

BMW 2002tii -colorado- 1.972

Alpina rally replica

I'm not sure if the 4 brackets per side for the grills are the same, but if you can cut your 'early" centre section wide enough, you'll have at least two per side correct.

post-1848-13667623421954_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

is that the only section you need to make it work. I have a late nose on my 69 and want to chang it to the correct nose. If thats all that is needed I will be all over it.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***