• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ARE COPS THE WORST DRIVERS ?

RIMSPOKE

I totally agree. They should be the example. Instead I see lack of seat belt use, no directionals, and not completely stopping at stop signs. We have a road near by that is 4 lanes and a 35mph speed limit. In the middle of the night you could hear them going down Lost Nation road at 100+. Now I want them to get to where they are going when they are needed but if they can do it at 100, I can do it at 45.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Honestly, they spend almost their entire work day in their car and have to use it as a tool, and often need to disregard common etiquette for more important matters. Of course they're gonna have the most incidents, by far.

With that said, we recently had a couple off-duty cops in in Columbus get clocked at over 140mph on sport bikes, on the highway..

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

The quickest way around San Antonio is to tag along behind a police car. Never seen one yet driving close to the posted speed limits, and no lights flashing.

We also have an ambulance that blasts down the highway (lights flashing) near us at the same time nearly every day. It's lunchtime!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I ONCE SAW A RALEIGH COP TURN LEFT ON RED &

DRIVE THE WRONG WAY DOWN HWY. 70 WITH HIS

LIGHTS ON .

IT LOOKED LIKE A DIRE EMERGENCY UNTIL HE PULLS INTO HARDEE's

AND GOES IN FOR LUNCH .

WHY DID HE DO THAT ? HE DIDN'T WANT TO DRIVE DOWN TO THE NEXT LIGHT , WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US AND THEN TURN AROUND & COME BACK .

reodor.gif

I saw one flying by me a few days ago; first the siren goes on, a mile up the road I see him meeting a fellow cop in a Tim Horton's parking lot., don't think there was a robbery as well; probably in for the "roll up the rim to win" thing.

Tim.

seen friday, mar 26, in so orange county an orange county deputy changing lanes w/o signal, talking on a cell phone. in his black and white, meandering around like a common 'civilian'. i really would like to call him 'civilian' to his face.

yes, cops are the worst.

robert w.

i got hit by a cop years ago, rear ended, while sitting at a red light. NOBODY around and of all the places to be it had to be me. How do you hit a parked car with nobody around?

Cops are NOT good drivers, most track rats could outrun if they didnt have a radio...

• 2 weeks later...